No announcement yet.

hbo or showtime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
    Personally, I find Paulie to be a very good & fair commentator. I remember watching the Cotto/Trout fight & him calling the fight similar to how I saw it. By the judges wide scorecards you'd swear Cotto got completely dominated.
    i agree.

I actually think Paulie is pretty good with no bias, and he actually told that judge who had that terrible card that he should've stayed home lol.

Comment

Originally posted by E.P.T. View Post
      Gus Johnson doesn't commentate for Showtime anymore but yea he was annoying as hell with all that screaming.

I can still hear him know "OH JUANMA"
      "nuts and guts folks!!!"

classic.

Comment

Malignaggi had the Trout-Cotto fight a draw, so he's in no position to be arguing about bad scorecards.He also scored the Santa Cruz-Guevara fight a draw, too.

And the less said about his work on the night of the Hatton-Senchenko fight, the better.

Comment

HBO has higher productions values and quality in almost every aspect, but I have been preferring Shotime's commentators more recently. They are a heck lot less bias but I cannot stand Jim Grey when it comes to post fight interviews. That dude is a total dick. The thing is, usually HBO has more fights often compared to Sho and that's why if I had to choose to pay for only 1 monthly, I'd always go with HBO.

Comment

They are about even for me. I really hate having to hear lampley and merchant. HBO production is much better but showtime as said already show a lot of undercard fights on the other channel before the main events of the evening. Showtime also has its seems like more quality fights as well. I'll take Al Bernstein over anybody at HBO.

Comment

im not asking who has the better fights im asking if you had your choice for any certain fight which would you pick it to be aired on hbo or showtime

Comment

Neither are as good as Box Nation.

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
                  HBO has higher productions values and quality in almost every aspect, but I have been preferring Shotime's commentators more recently. They are a heck lot less bias but I cannot stand Jim Grey when it comes to post fight interviews. That dude is a total dick. The thing is, usually HBO has more fights often compared to Sho and that's why if I had to choose to pay for only 1 monthly, I'd always go with HBO.
                  I cannot begin to tell you just how absolutely incorrect you are. Showtime usually have fights on friday along with Saturday & sometimes the Friday fights aren't even listed. So you wouldn't know unless you faithfully check friday's menu.

Comment

Originally posted by NatiKid View Post
                    im not asking who has the better fights im asking if you had your choice for any certain fight which would you pick it to be aired on hbo or showtime
                    Kind of being an a-hole about my answer but I would want HBO's production with Showtime's commentators.

Forced to pick Showtime.

Comment

Showtime.

Bernstein>Any color commentator on HBO. Makes by far the biggest difference for me.

Comment

Working...
                      X