No announcement yet.

How would you fix corrupt judging?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would you fix corrupt judging?

Personally I think judges at the highest level should be subject to random polygraph testing. I know that sounds far-fetched but there is alot of money on the line when it comes to boxing matches at the highest level, so why not? I think alot of judges would think twice before accepting bribes, hell cops and federal agents are subject to lie detector test for that reason, so why not?

i would say with a time machine go back to the first ever corruption n prevent it from happening, u gotta kill the seed in order to prevent the roots from growing into this tree of problems we have now, n thats exactly the plan with the time machine, the mission is to prevent that seed from being planted

Comment

Execute a few in public and telecast it all over the world.

If that doesnt stop it, nothing will.

Comment

Federal Laws and accountability!

Comment

Getting rid of betting on the sport will help some. That gets rid of one incentive to fix fights. There will still be the possibility of judges wanting to help one fighters career over anothers so that cant ever be fully prevented but banning gambling on it would help some.

I am kind of for people's right to gamble if they want to, its their money. But since they dont have it in my state and as a boxing fan then I think it would be better if they didnt have it in vegas at all. Internet gambling I dont think is big enough or close enough to have much influence.

Comment

More judges at ringside and other angles. Each judge must explain why they gave round to fighter 'A' to secondary asst type person so no changing story. Allow refs scorecard to count. But honestly judges have been corrupt since the beginning so I don't see a way it's possible for it to stop.

Comment

Actually thinking about it, I think you should need some type of license to serve as a judge and that through a voting system you can have your license suspended or revoked and thus unable to judge anymore.

That will atleast get rid of some of the bad apples who repeatedly have bad score cards. I dont think Ive seen a fight where Melvina Lathan's card wasnt all ****ed up.

So either other qualified judges or commission officials, randomly selected would be able to vote after each major fight and if they get a large enough percentage voting that a judge have their license suspended for bad scoring then that judge would be temporarily banned and if it keeps up they could never judge again.

It could be setup to require a large enough votes or percentages of votes to where suspending them is difficult so that it only happens for robberies ect.

Comment

more younger judges

tell 5 judges to be prepared for a fight not knowing when and where n fly them in the day before or of the fight.

if a judge has a horrible scorecard they should be put on probation.

i also believe there should be something done about the placement of judges they need to be moved from ringside asap.

Comment

By not penalizing the fighters that get robbed. I also like what the WBO did after Pacquiao vs. Bradley. They got 5 independent judges to score the fight after the fact and released their scores.

Then you can start Suspending judges like Williams vs. Lara

I don't think your ever going to end corruption but I think these 3 things can help.

Comment

Make the judges explain their scoring of each round in the ring after a fight. With the system how it is they can submit their cards and go in to hiding, they'd be less likely to give horrible decisions if they had to explain their scoring to the world.

Comment

Working...
                    X