No announcement yet.

Beatles' appreciation thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AntonTheGreat View Post
    i know ian sounded like morrison and their first name was a nod to the bowie song, but i doubt their only influences are bowie and the doors.
    No, those are not their only influences. There's also Kraftwerk, The Van Der Graaf Generator, NEU!, Pere Ubu, The Velvets, Sex Pistols, etc.

Do you actually believe that The Beatles are every band ever's favourite band? That's a pretty ******ed/insane assertion to make.

Comment

Originally posted by S.G. View Post
      No, those are not their only influences. There's also Kraftwerk, The Van Der Graaf Generator, NEU!, Pere Ubu, The Velvets, Sex Pistols, etc.

Do you actually believe that The Beatles are every band ever's favourite band? That's a pretty ******ed/insane assertion to make.
      If not there's something wrong with that band, or Floyd. British rock from the 60s and 70s was untouchable. There will never be an era like it again in music.

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
        joy division is deff one of my favs too. favorite song has to be transmission. pretty messed up how ian curtis's life ended, but damn, they were so good for the short amount of time they were together.
        Yeah, it's tragic, but in a way the knowledge that he really meant everything he said makes it so much more potent. The music is just so visceral, zoning out listening to Closer can definitely take you to some dark places.

Comment

what's with the attitude? we're having a discussion here no need to get all menstrual. no band has influenced more bands than the beatles. is that better?

Comment

what's with the attitude? we're having a discussion here no need to get all menstrual. no band has influenced more bands than the beatles. is that better?
            I'd say that someone like Bowie has at least influenced a better quality of band than The Beatles. His impact on alt rock is pretty immeasurable. Same goes for The Velvet Underground and a few others.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
              If not there's something wrong with that band
              Yeah, The Clash SUCK.
              Originally posted by Check View Post
              British rock from the 60s and 70s was untouchable. There will never be an era like it again in music.
              It was an amazing era, but America had just as big a hand in it as Britain.

Comment

I'd say that someone like Bowie has at least influenced a better quality of band than The Beatles. His impact on alt rock is pretty immeasurable. Same goes for The Velvet Underground and a few others.
                i find that as ridiculous as you found " the beatles are your favorite rockband's favorite rock band".

Comment

i find that as ridiculous as you found " the beatles are your favorite rockband's favorite rock band".
                  So of all of the innumerable bands who have publicly declared The Beatles their favourite ever band, who is your favourite? Oasis (lol)?

Comment

So of all of the innumerable bands who have publicly declared The Beatles their favourite ever band, who is your favourite? Oasis (lol)?
                    so we're going to get into a pissing contest now? you brought the vitriol first and now don't like it in return?

Comment

Yeah, The Clash SUCK.

It was an amazing era, but America had just as big a hand in it as Britain.
                      Clash does not suck. Sure, they were all over the place but their music is great.

Comment

Working...
                      X