No announcement yet.

What are Plyometrics?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are Plyometrics?

iv been reading through all the posts here and this keeps cropping up, just a simple explanation or typical routine will do, thanks guys.

Medicine ball exercises
    Hopping and jumping

Plyometrics involve a lot of jumping and squating.

http://www.weightsnet.com/Docs/plyometrics.html

Comment

thanks spinks.

as your the nutrition expert spinks i was wondering how long it will take me to loose about 7-10 pounds realistcly and healthily......iv taken ur advice and cut out all the crap....except milk. is cutting out milk and bread (wholemeal) a must? i train for an hour and half at my club on mon and wed, tue and thu do 15 mins continuous skipping,shadow boxing and neck excersises with harness. fri go for a 2mile run and sat go swimming and do press ups sit ups and chin ups.......with this roughly how long will take to loosed 10 pounds?im 20 and weigh 152

Comment

Originally posted by Pooch
        thanks spinks.

as your the nutrition expert spinks i was wondering how long it will take me to loose about 7-10 pounds realistcly and healthily......iv taken ur advice and cut out all the crap....except milk. is cutting out milk and bread (wholemeal) a must? i train for an hour and half at my club on mon and wed, tue and thu do 15 mins continuous skipping,shadow boxing and neck excersises with harness. fri go for a 2mile run and sat go swimming and do press ups sit ups and chin ups.......with this roughly how long will take to loosed 10 pounds?im 20 and weigh 152

90 minute training sessions may be to much and actually detouring you to reach your goal. If you are looking to cut eating bread and simple carbs will actually help you. As long as it is whole grains and nothing enriched and still fits into your diet for the day. I have nothing but bad things to say about milk but if you must try a 1% skim or fat free milk.

Realistically well it really comes down to your body, each body is different. I could drop 7 pounds in a week while some could drop it in a month or so.

If you kept your diet clean and your trained regularly a month or less if you kept it pretty strict.

Comment

thanks spinks, was wondering what u think about whey and casein protein?do u use them?i take whey b4 and after training and b4 i go to bed but im thinking of taking casein b4 i go to bed as it digests slower. do they help weight loss?

Comment

Originally posted by spinksjinx
            Medicine ball exercises
            Hopping and jumping

Plyometrics involve a lot of jumping and squating.

http://www.weightsnet.com/Docs/plyometrics.html
            thanks for the link. karma on the way.

Comment

Plyometrics is basically related to building power and strength. Some exercises include Squat thrusts, Sit ups and push ups (the old school routine for basically increasing power and strength).

Is weights included in that, i always get confused.

Comment

thanks spinks, was wondering what u think about whey and casein protein?do u use them?i take whey b4 and after training and b4 i go to bed but im thinking of taking casein b4 i go to bed as it digests slower. do they help weight loss?

Whey should be used right after your workout mixed with water. Your body needs it the most and right after a workour (up to 60 minutes) is the most critical time. So be sure to mix your whey with water as it needs to be digested faster.

Using casein protein before going to bed is great and is probably the best to use anyhow. I would suggest a cup of cottage cheese before going to bed.

Comment

cheers m8 appreciate ur help

Comment

cheers m8 appreciate ur help

Not a problem anytime.

Comment

Working...
                    X