Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

about that 90% of fights end on the ground..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• about that 90% of fights end on the ground..

I hear all these ground fighter say 90% of fights end on the ground. Yea i think 90% of fights end on the ground, because some get knocked out or down on the floor.
    Ask yourself this where does every fight start?
    In the MMA ring I think groundfighting is great, but for self defense I think it sux.
    If you get into a fight just think if you go to the ground, there is not to much you can do if the person your fighting pulls out a knife or his friends run over and start stomping on you and kicking in the face.
    I would fight the greatest groundfighter in the world if we fought in a parking lot with broken glass on the floor.
    I enjoy ground fighiting, but do not really like it too much for self defense.
    Do fights go to the ground hell yea.
    I am not saying that it is not important to know groundfighting, because I personally do train in groundfighting. But for self defense do not try to take the fight to the ground.
    Just my two cents.

Discuss
    Argue with me

I do find people who say that the would go for a takedown on a concrete floor funny.

Comment

100% of fights start standing...

Comment

I find that when people get frustrated whether they be experienced grappler or not. If they're stand up sucks. They're gonna go naturally where they won't absorb the onslaught.

In a fight I had. I was doing good just hitting this guy with flurries. He got mad and tried to ram me. To make a long story short we ended up on the floor. I try to get up and do more damage as much as possible. Most of my fights end out like that. But, I can't say that they stay there on the ground.

Comment

it depends on the culture and situation. If it is a street fight here in the Philippines, it usually starts and ends standing, however some cultures start standing and end on the ground. The best thing to do is know how to defend against takedowns and have a decent stand up game as well

Comment

Hey machine where do you live?

Comment

I mean do you live in the Philippines? Or are you somewhere in the us.

Comment

agfa I'm from the metro manila area

Comment

My grandfathers house is there. Near the channel 4 building. My dads staying at alabang right now. Man I miss the Phil. so relaxing compared the states. Sucks being poor living their. I wish we could get a legit president. Not no ****ing actors.

Comment

Working...
                  X