No announcement yet.

Nate: "I think Nick will stay retired..."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nate: "I think Nick will stay retired..."

Diaz, a proud, card-carrying legal marijuana smoker in California, was then suspended by the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC), pending a a disciplinary hearing to discuss the matter later this year. One that Diaz might now not bother to attend, considering that he's apparently got other things to keep him busy, and more than enough change in his pocket to keep doing them.

Lil' Diaz explains:

"Triathalon season is starting so he's getting ready, getting in shape for that and concentrating on being in shape, being healthy and helping me out and coaching me for this fight [against Jim Miller]. Right now, I don't think [we will see him back inside the Octagon]. He's big on, like I said, staying in shape and just being healthy right now. He's not worried about it. I think he's retired. He hasn't been into this whole fighting thing for some time ... since everything that goes on with the funny wins and losses. And not just for him, but for people on our team. So, I just think he's relaxed right now, you know? I think he's pretty set on his retirement, though. I kind of agree with him [about his decision]. It's hard to say -- he's my brother. I'm not going to tell him to go fight somebody. I think he's doing the right thing. He made enough money to just chill back, sit back and relax. People don't understand: Nick never had nothing. He came from not much, so when he complained a lot about not making a lot of money it's because there were so many people making more money than him and he works 10 times hard than them. So, they definitely paid him enough money to not have to anything. He doesn't need to fight."
    And the rest of the interview.

I really hope he doesn't retire, he probably the most entertaining fighter in the game, but if doing triathalons and coaching is what makes him happy, thanks for the fights Nick....

Comment

Ya boy nate is brain dead and i feel bad 4 da kid ****.

Nick is being a whiner man, **** come on you cant win em all even if it is close.

Quitter status

Comment

Originally posted by Unknown Champ View Post
        Ya boy nate is brain dead and i feel bad 4 da kid ****.

Nick is being a whiner man, **** come on you cant win em all even if it is close.

Quitter status
        Like Nate said he hasn't really been in it for a long time now, there was an interview like 3 years ago where he said if he could make as much money doing triathlons he'd never fight again. Point fighting is here to stay and he's not down with it. You feel bad for Nate? Why because he's a top LW in the world just a fight or 2 away from the strap?

Comment

yeah i kinda hope he doesn't stay retired but if his head is not in it anymore, than perhaps it's the right thing to do. and like you said kaps, if that's what makes him happy, than do it. didn't condit agree to a rematch though? i thought i saw a thread posted on here about that. it is what it is i guess. good luck to nick on whatever he plans on doing.

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
            yeah i kinda hope he doesn't stay retired but if his head is not in it anymore, than perhaps it's the right thing to do. and like you said kaps, if that's what makes him happy, than do it. didn't condit agree to a rematch though? i thought i saw a thread posted on here about that. it is what it is i guess. good luck to nick on whatever he plans on doing.
            Condit agreed but Nick tested Positive for Marijuana...

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
              Condit agreed but Nick tested Positive for Marijuana...
              oh yeah, forgot about it. just saw this, gsp talks about diaz around 2:38.

EDIT: second part starts off where the first left off.

Last edited by chiguy91; 03-07-2012, 12:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
                Like Nate said he hasn't really been in it for a long time now, there was an interview like 3 years ago where he said if he could make as much money doing triathlons he'd never fight again. Point fighting is here to stay and he's not down with it. You feel bad for Nate? Why because he's a top LW in the world just a fight or 2 away from the strap?

Nah u got me confused, if he wins the strap he earned it. But his speech is the worst slurred I have seen in mma and thats why i feel bad 4 him

Comment

I reckon diaz will be back in a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Unknown Champ View Post
                    [/B]

Nah u got me confused, if he wins the strap he earned it. But his speech is the worst slurred I have seen in mma and thats why i feel bad 4 him
                    He's always had a lisp...

Comment

Working...
                    X