No announcement yet.

Prime Sonny Liston vs Prime Lennox Lewis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prime Sonny Liston vs Prime Lennox Lewis

i think sonny liston would ko him out liston is faster and hits harder than lewis...

Originally posted by Baddest man on da planet
    i think sonny liston would ko him out liston is faster and hits harder than lewis...
    yeah, i agree, plus lewis's chin is glass.

Comment

I would like to choose Liston, but this is tough to guess. You have to take into account the fact that Lewis really should have been in a weight class all his own. Liston wasn't used to facing giants like that.

What I will concede is this: in his prime, Mike Tyson would have beaten Lennox Lewis. Sonny Liston was similar to Tyson with more raw power, but a little less speed. It would be interesting to see Lewis cover up after taking a Big Bear Blast. Or, he would have just hit the mat.

Comment

Originally posted by Brassangel
        I would like to choose Liston, but this is tough to guess. You have to take into account the fact that Lewis really should have been in a weight class all his own. Liston wasn't used to facing giants like that.

What I will concede is this: in his prime, Mike Tyson would have beaten Lennox Lewis. Sonny Liston was similar to Tyson with more raw power, but a little less speed. It would be interesting to see Lewis cover up after taking a Big Bear Blast. Or, he would have just hit the mat.
        cleveland williams was 6'-6".

Comment

Originally posted by butterfly1964
          yeah, i agree, plus lewis's chin is glass.
          Would you care to explain this? He was caught with a punch he didn't see coming twice, both fights he didn't take seriously. he took plenty of big shots in his career. When Lewis was focused he let is boxing ability take care of buinness, and sometimes that right hand finished businness [Rahman II.]

Comment

Any fighter is susceptible to such a knockdown, especially when one doesn't take it seriously, or a fighter is beyond his years (Liston's one punch KO at the hands of Ali, whose power I could usurp).

I noticed you (Butterfly) have the height part answered, but how much did Williams weigh compared to Lewis? While not always, it's sometimes more difficult to take down a thick, well-conditioned opponent. Liston probably would have had trouble with a young George Foreman, for example, and Lewis had more technical skill than Foreman. Plus, he was larger. Styles do make fights after all.

Comment

Originally posted by Brassangel
              Any fighter is susceptible to such a knockdown, especially when one doesn't take it seriously, or a fighter is beyond his years (Liston's one punch KO at the hands of Ali, whose power I could usurp).

I noticed you (Butterfly) have the height part answered, but how much did Williams weigh compared to Lewis? While not always, it's sometimes more difficult to take down a thick, well-conditioned opponent. Liston probably would have had trouble with a young George Foreman, for example, and Lewis had more technical skill than Foreman. Plus, he was larger. Styles do make fights after all.
              probably around 230+.

Comment

Okay, so Lewis has that going for him, plus technical skill, plus a good right hand, plus good defense...this is a tough one.

I like Liston, however.

Comment

liston ko`s lewis in 5.

better snapier jabb, better power and a lot better chin

Comment

Even though Lennox Lewis was a very skilled and powerful fighter, he would get beaten bad facing Sonny Liston. Liston had more power, better skill, a better chin, the same reach, and possibly the best left jab in heavyweight history.

Sonny Liston by ko5.

Comment

Working...
                    X