Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lucian Bute vs. Eleider Alvarez Set For February 25, Quebec

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stevenson is avoiding his mandatory at all cost lol

Comment

Originally posted by larry x.. View Post
      wtf?? so who is Stevenson fighting?
      Adonis Stevenson is 39 years old; even acknowledging that he came late to the sport, 40 is still 40.

Stevenson will likely still monitor his weight, keep things up with his workouts in the gym, and then lock down training camp for the winner of Alvarez-Bute, likely for sometime in May 2017.

Outside of Pascal being willing to take short money for the fight, I doubt that Stevenson puts his body through that extra camp before his defense.

Comment

Originally posted by r1onnie2 View Post
        Stevenson is avoiding his mandatory at all cost lol
        actually it's alvarez maximizing his dollar and so is yvon michel

alvarez would struggle to be active if he went right to stevenson and lost..
        he can wager his shot at a title vs a guy in bute that he should beat and fightin in front of a huge crowd twice..alvarez is no spring chicken..and he's talk about needing more before jumping in with stevenson as well

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
          Adonis Stevenson is 39 years old; even acknowledging that he came late to the sport, 40 is still 40.

Stevenson will likely still monitor his weight, keep things up with his workouts in the gym, and then lock down training camp for the winner of Alvarez-Bute, likely for sometime in May 2017.

Outside of Pascal being willing to take short money for the fight, I doubt that Stevenson puts his body through that extra camp before his defense.
          i see it as alvarez taking an easy money fight instead of a hard money fights...we have to face it..today belts mean nothing if the money is better elsewhere.
          he should to be a 6 to 1 fave

Comment

Originally posted by RightJabLikeZab View Post
            Alvarez must be getting paid serious money to keep being ok with them putting off his fight with Adonis.
            he's asked for more fights before stevenson...so i'm sure he's happy

Comment

Originally posted by larry x.. View Post
              wtf?? so who is Stevenson fighting?
              Whatever bum he can find. Dude is garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
                Didn't Alvarez already win an eliminator?
                He did, but my guess is that things are no different than Marco Antonio Rubio defending his mandatory shot against Golovkin, or Jean Pascal defending his mandatory shot against Kovalev.

Elieder Alvarez gets the chance to fight a name opponent (if Bute is as on the slide as folks seem to think, Alvarez also picks off a win over a name) for a big payday, before then having his fight against Stevenson (which I think he's the underdog in) for another big payday.

Comment

Originally posted by RightJabLikeZab View Post
                  Alvarez must be getting paid serious money to keep being ok with them putting off his fight with Adonis.
                  Originally posted by elcashanilla View Post
                  OMG they are trying to keep alvarez as far as possible from stevenson this is Bull Sh@#t
                  Originally posted by Humean View Post
                  This is getting comical now. Stevenson better be fighting soon and it better be a good opponent.
                  i dont see how boxing fans dont see it..alvarez is old himself...he likely to lose to stevenson..if and when he does he gts no fights after..his promoter is throwin him bute as a bone..U SEE THAT ALVAREZ AGREED RIGHT? meaning he likes the fight and understands his position..

did u all see the cuban getting huge fights after losing to ward? nope..same would happen with alvarez...maximize his dollar prior to stevenson by wagering his positiion as teh mando to anyone he fights...

this is nearly pascal kov, but to a worse degree, all over again...the popular fighter using his popularity to gain a position that he really hasn't earned.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                    He did, but my guess is that things are no different than Marco Antonio Rubio defending his mandatory shot against Golovkin, or Jean Pascal defending his mandatory shot against Kovalev.

Elieder Alvarez gets the chance to fight a name opponent (if Bute is as on the slide as folks seem to think, Alvarez also picks off a win over a name) for a big payday, before then having his fight against Stevenson (which I think he's the underdog in) for another big payday.
                    and just like that u made them think and understand wat is going on and they will still hate on stevenson..

alvarez is ducking lineage, no for the longer term, but for a guy who is popular but never good at 175...if it bites him in the ass i'll be pleased

Comment

Originally posted by KrusherStan View Post
                      Then give the ****ing Adonis Stevenson fight to Beterbiev. WTF is Adonis gonna do? Take another layoff? I like Michel, but he's following the steps of DLH.
                      Beterbiev is positioned to become the mandatory challenger for the IBF, WBA, or WBO 175lb belts; with the path forward being what it is, the possible Ward-Stevenson unification fight should position Beterbiev to get a chance to win all of the belts in a single fight.

Beterbiev fights just before Christmas, will likely have another fight come Mar/Apr 2017, will take off the early summer for Ramadan, will possibly have another fight by the Fall, and will then be eyeing his shot at the Ward-Stevenson winner by early 2018.

Comment

Working...
                      X