Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More Buys: Cotto-Judah or Mayweather-Judah?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Buys: Cotto-Judah or Mayweather-Judah?

Since I keep hearing Mayweather isn't a draw and DLH sold all 2.15 million of the buys for their fight, do you think Cotto-Judah will do better than Mayweather-Judah? Mayweather-Judah did 350k buys...

Originally posted by $iN View Post
    Since I keep hearing Mayweather isn't a draw and DLH sold all 2.15 million of the buys for their fight, do you think Cotto-Judah will do better than Mayweather-Judah? Mayweather-Judah did 350k buys...
    Yeah, I think it probably did. Anyone have priliminary numbers yet.

Comment

I think it will do about 200k.

Edit: More like 300k. I forgot they did a pretty good job promoting this fight with the countdown show and the commercials.
      Last edited by -Antonio-; 06-11-2007, 06:10 PM.

Comment

I think it should do better but i'm not sure.

Comment

If Cotto v. Judah does more then Mayweather v. Judah would it be an ok thing to say that Miguel Cotto is a bigger draw then Floyd Mayweather or at the very least make a case for it?

I have no clue how many buys this fight did but I would say 350K sounds about right.

Comment

I think Cotto-Judah does upwards of 250,000.

Cotto-Mayweather breaks 450,000 easy. The promoting job they would do on that baby would be crazy good. Maybe even 500,000.

If they promote it like they did DLH-MAYWEATHER, then this fight is a GREAT success

Comment

There seemed to be a lot of hype for Cotto-Judah what with the excellent ticket sales.

Having said that I think they probably did about the same. Cotto didn't have a PPV showcase against a cash cow like Gatti under his belt yet. Which undoubtably did Floyds drawing power the world of good.

Comment

Originally posted by fatpom View Post
                There seemed to be a lot of hype for Cotto-Judah what with the excellent ticket sales.

Having said that I think they probably did about the same. Cotto didn't have a PPV showcase against a cash cow like Gatti under his belt yet. Which undoubtably did Floyds drawing power the world of good.
                Floyd is the second biggest draw in the sport next to De La Hoya.

Floyd gets 300,000 buys just for fighting, it doesnt matter who. Proof of that is his 320,000 buys when he fought Baldomir.

Cotto is a big draw as well, an even bigger draw now. They reach to two completely different fan bases.

Thats why i say, with some good selling and promoting, this fight definetly does upwards of 400,000.

COTTO-MAYWEATHER is a megafight

Comment

Originally posted by $iN View Post
                  Whether it did better or not it was much more worth the $$$, a close decision and 3TKOs! what a night and Judah/Cotto was a great scrap both showed alot of heart and courage.....blood everywhere come on thats what it's all about!

Comment

The promotion in Canada was almost non-existent. I remember Floyd vs Zab got a lot of people interested up here. I went to see the fight in a sports bar where the boxing crowd is usually pretty big and yet there were only like 7 people watching the pay-per-view. This was a huge fight but they failed to promote it well in Canada.

Comment

Working...
                    X