Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's YOUR top 5 NBA players of all-time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    Yeah, I saw Wilt Chamberlain pivot, fake Willis Reed, one of the best big men ever, into the air and dunk on him. And you can honestly try and argue that he has no skill seeing something like that?

Joel Przbilla > Wilt

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
      no he wouldnt. & that's why when the nba went through its first athletic evolution in the 70s with more & more black players coming into the league wilt's statistics started dropping.

i get that today's nba is a dead era for centers but wilt would not be as great today as he was in the 60s. wilt wouldnt crack an all star team if he played during the hey days of dream, shaq, mourning, robinson, mutombo, & ewing.

do you guys just want to ignore the time period? i get you are laker fans, but come on.

a little honesty please.

yea, it had nothing to do with his age either...c'mon man..open your eyes...if you can't decipher true talent then i dont know what to tell you

and you bring up me being a lakers fan, ok...how's this, Snaq would have had Wilt like numbers if you threw him in the previous era because of the competition...and he was LESS skilled than Wilt...his one move is a dunk...that's it...back you down then dunk...

he did well in his era...like Wilt couldn't do the exact same thing

but hey, if you think Wilt becomes Omer Asik if he played today, you're entitled to that opinion...no matter how ******ed it is

Comment

Yeah, I saw Wilt Chamberlain pivot, fake Willis Reed, one of the best big men ever, into the air and dunk on him. And you can honestly try and argue that he has no skill seeing something like that?
        he's 7'1. A center. Are you seriously bragging about a 7'1 center's dunks?

that's not really skill. Real big man skills are kevin mchale & hakeem's intricate post moves that INVOLVE SHOOTING. Jump shots, jump hooks, pat ewings shooting & fadeaways, tim duncans bank shot. Kareem's sky hook. Yao Ming's shooting & hooks.

Those are the real indicators of skill in big men. Not dunking & layups over overpowered unathletic white guys.

Comment

no he wouldnt. & that's why when the nba went through its first athletic evolution in the 70s with more & more black players coming into the league wilt's statistics started dropping.

i get that today's nba is a dead era for centers but wilt would not be as great today as he was in the 60s. wilt wouldnt crack an all star team if he played during the hey days of dream, shaq, mourning, robinson, mutombo, & ewing.

do you guys just want to ignore the time period? i get you are laker fans, but come on.

a little honesty please.
          Playing for more than a decade by the time the 70s rolled around had nothing to do with his stats dropping, I'm sure.

Comment

he's 7'1. A center. Are you seriously bragging about a 7'1 center's dunks?

that's not really skill. Real big man skills are kevin mchale & hakeem's intricate post moves that INVOLVE SHOOTING. Jump shots, jump hooks, pat ewings shooting & fadeaways, tim duncans bank shot. Kareem's sky hook. Yao Ming's shooting & hooks.

Those are the real indicators of skill in big men. Not dunking & layups over overpowered unathletic white guys.
            Wow, you have no idea what you are talking about. Are you Kswizzy?

It take as much skill to get position inside, fake a guy up or move around him, and dunk as it does to hit a fadeaway jumper. And again you say unathletic white guys, when I was talking about a highlight where he faked Willis freaking Reed out of his damn shoes. Again, Willis Reed.

I can't believe you just posted that skill only involves shooting. That's a mindblower.

Comment

None of these ten plays were real skill, because they did not involve shooting. Hakeem sucked, no skill at all.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                yea, it had nothing to do with his age either...c'mon man..open your eyes...if you can't decipher true talent then i dont know what to tell you

and you bring up me being a lakers fan, ok...how's this, Snaq would have had Wilt like numbers if you threw him in the previous era because of the competition...and he was LESS skilled than Wilt...his one move is a dunk...that's it...back you down then dunk...

he did well in his era...like Wilt couldn't do the exact same thing

but hey, if you think Wilt becomes Omer Asik if he played today, you're entitled to that opinion...no matter how ******ed it is
                i never said wilt wasnt great. all im saying is that he wouldnt be as great & his statistical greatness wouldnt be as great either if he played in the modern era against modern competition, modern nba.

shaq may not have post skills & only dunked, but he did it against superior athletes. Are you seriously saying wilt would average 50 per game & drop 20 per game if he played in the 80s or 90s?

Playing for more than a decade by the time the 70s rolled around had nothing to do with his stats dropping, I'm sure.
                or the fact that he was being guarded by bigger athletic black centers as oppose to 6'9-610 white centers.

Comment

None of these ten plays were real skill, because they did not involve shooting. Hakeem sucked, no skill at all.

what a stupid post & nice fail at sarcasm. & i said REAL BIG MAN SKILLS.

Comment

what a stupid post & nice fail at sarcasm.

So I'm the stupid one, when you said the only real skill a big man can have involves shooting? Do you realize how stupid such a statement is? Do you realize how stupid it is to say Wilt only dominated against unathletic white guys when you posted a video where he is scoring on two of the best centers ever, both black, using a variety of post moves that the vast majority of centers all time didn't have?

Comment

• no order

Wilt
                      Jordan
                      Lebron
                      Oscar
                      Kareem

Comment

Working...
                      X