No announcement yet.

Pacquiao Footwork

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacquiao Footwork

Pac's footwork looks amazing, but really isn't that good as it only works against certain boxing styles. No offence meant to Pac!

Comment

Originally posted by Paclan View Post
      Was this before Marquez because none of that made it into the fight.

Comment

Pac has very good footwork, and I don't understand why he didn't attempt to use it more against Marquez. I guess he just doesn't have the ring IQ to understand how effective he was when he threw the straight left while moving right.

Comment

looks great against stationary opponent add some movement and it looks ordinary.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            Pac has very good footwork, and I don't understand why he didn't attempt to use it more against Marquez. I guess he just doesn't have the ring IQ to understand how effective he was when he threw the straight left while moving right.
            I would think that he was using it, but was somewhat restricted, as Marquez was stepping on his complete foot as often as he could, and pinning him hard, making it impossible for him to move as he wanted to, breaking up his rhythm, and while doing this, getting off 3-4 punch combinations which looked very good, as Pacquiao was distracted, trying to move his foot, being off balance, and trying to punch at the same time, resulting in sometimes just flailing away without hitting anything.

In rd 12 Marquez actually kept his foot on Pacquiao's foot for 2 complete steps forward, whilst Pacquiao was trying to move backwards.

Clever........

Comment

Working...
            X