No announcement yet.

Jerry Quarry luvfest

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerry Quarry luvfest

- -Quarry definitely an outlier in boxing, and the recent luvfest stirred me up.

Unlike that neutered luvfest, all are welcome to join in here.

For whatever the reason, George rated quarry very high, #2 behind Louis back in the day, but be clear!

Their timelines don't mesh for any credibility of George ducking Quarry in any fight of merit.

And NO, George says he never sparred Quqrry contrary to the Offal that pollute boxing forums.

Make your case in their timelines when the up and coming George shoulda faught Jerry.

George beat Frazier in Jan 73 and Quarry beat an undefeated Lyle in Feb 73 then Foreman kicked back for seven months resisting Cosell and a few others lobbying for a Quarry fight . He instead fought an undeserving bum named joe Roman in sept. 73 .Thats the only time I remember and it was after he beat Frazier for the tittle.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
      - -Quarry definitely an outlier in boxing, and the recent luvfest stirred me up.

Unlike that neutered luvfest, all are welcome to join in here.

For whatever the reason, George rated quarry very high, #2 behind Louis back in the day, but be clear!

Their timelines don't mesh for any credibility of George ducking Quarry in any fight of merit.

And NO, George says he never sparred Quqrry contrary to the Offal that pollute boxing forums.

Make your case in their timelines when the up and coming George shoulda faught Jerry.
      Quarry also knocked out shavers in dec of 73 in the first round and talk started going again.I wouldn’t say he ducked him totally but the public wanted it especially after shavers fight but the first talk I remember was after he beat Lyle.After an heavyweight fight at the garden I don’t remember who was fighting but Howard was giving him crap big time about ducking quarry.I saw it on you tube and will try to find it.

Comment

Looking at his career fights Foreman fought bum after bum all the way to his tittle fight some guys with losing records after he had twenty or more fights.Any time from 70 to 72 Quarry would have been a great step up fight for him and a ranked contender.He fought the wilder game plan before wilder was born.

Comment

Originally posted by Longhaul View Post
          George beat Frazier in Jan 73 and Quarry beat an undefeated Lyle in Feb 73 then Foreman kicked back for seven months resisting Cosell and a few others lobbying for a Quarry fight . He instead fought an undeserving bum named joe Roman in sept. 73 .Thats the only time I remember and it was after he beat Frazier for the tittle.
          - -We ain't rating tittles here.

Need to remember George never defended his title on US soil. Roman in Japan, their first ever heavy title match, Norton in Venezuela their first ever and a hairy, dangerous situation, and Ali in Zaire wher George was held hostage for a month by one of the most murderous African dictators in history and where Don King first got his hooks in him.

Obviously one of the shortest and most outlier title reigns in heavy history. I suppose Quarry coulda squeezed in for Roman, so blame George's promo team then , not George who like any poor kid was just following the most lucrative defense his promos could come up with.
          Last edited by QueensburyRules; 06-16-2019, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Quarry also knocked out shavers in dec of 73 in the first round and talk started going again.I wouldn’t say he ducked him totally but the public wanted it especially after shavers fight but the first talk I remember was after he beat Lyle.After an heavyweight fight at the garden I don’t remember who was fighting but Howard was giving him crap big time about ducking quarry.I saw it on you tube and will try to find it.
            - -Did abc groupee toupee Howie ever meet a fighter he didn't shhhh on?

Howie don't make matches, but he lit yours up!

Comment

Looking at his career fights Foreman fought bum after bum all the way to his tittle fight some guys with losing records after he had twenty or more fights.Any time from 70 to 72 Quarry would have been a great step up fight for him and a ranked contender.He fought the wilder game plan before wilder was born.
              - -Lessee, 20 yr old George in his 4th pro fight knocks out the NJ state heavy champ in 3 rds, Wepner who would go on to take Ali to the brink years later when Ali and his team on record as ducking a $5mil purse for the George rematch.

Thanks for the reminder. 21 yr old George KOs Chuvalo in 3, Chuvalo being credited with giving Ali some of the toughest of his too many toughest fights that left him permanently disabled.

Longhaul losing his load? Shame that, but maybe next time!

Comment

- -We ain't rating tittles here.

Need to remember George never defended his title on US soil. Roman in Japan, their first ever heavy title match, Norton in Venezuela their first ever and a hairy, dangerous situation, and Ali in Zaire wher George was held hostage for a month by one of the most murderous African dictators in history and where Don King first got his hooks in him.

Obviously one of the shortest and most outlier title reigns in heavy history. I suppose Quarry coulda squeezed in for Roman, so blame George's promo team then , not George who like any poor kid was just following the most lucrative defense his promos could come up with.
                Quarry would have been a more lucrative match in japan as he was better known and was a big hit for his garden fights in ny.He had drawing power on both coasts and it’s a fact people expected Foreman to fight him after Lyle fight.Prior to the Lyle fight and shavers fight who was controlled by king Foreman expected quarry to lose when he and king were touting Lyle as the next opponent.King was using quarry because of his drawing power again with shavers and got snake bit again.This was a popular white heavyweight in the racially charged 70s who in six months knocked off two of the heaviest power punching contenders.I believe Foreman when he said he didn’t like the idea of fighting quarry.

Comment

- -Did abc groupee toupee Howie ever meet a fighter he didn't shhhh on?

Howie don't make matches, but he lit yours up!
                  I just gave you a factual account you asked for .You are showing your age Howard had a big influence on boxing in the 70s as ABC was the main source of tv fights.You also added in an emotional comment which makes me wonder if you are related to mc cobra.

Comment

- -Lessee, 20 yr old George in his 4th pro fight knocks out the NJ state heavy champ in 3 rds, Wepner who would go on to take Ali to the brink years later when Ali and his team on record as ducking a $5mil purse for the George rematch.

Thanks for the reminder. 21 yr old George KOs Chuvalo in 3, Chuvalo being credited with giving Ali some of the toughest of his too many toughest fights that left him permanently disabled.

Longhaul losing his load? Shame that, but maybe next time!
                    wepner and chuvalo only two names and safe face first fighters on his resume.His first 37 fights seventeen had losing records including leading up to the Frazier fight a 4-15 &a 3-25 fighter as well as a 1-14 and a dangerous 1-3 fighter and a guy with forty loses.I remember you now a emotional shemale who when given facts starts the insults.I remember you for the d/ck head you are.I think the only lost load is dripping of your chin.

Comment

Working...
                    X