No announcement yet.

Watch Dogs (Multiplayer preview)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THE REED™
    Im to in to cars to overlook the physics and realism of it... Ive been back in GTA
    It's not bad physics, it's just more challenging. I'll have to drive a few more days to really get a feel but I always thought GTA wasn't very realistic I mean you can control your car in the air and flip it over when upside down, etc., so for me GTA was designed for more fun while it seems WD is more realistic in the sense that you can't just drive everywhere full speed and expect not to die lol.

But driving isn't the focal point of this game
    Last edited by ИATAS; 05-28-2014, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
      It's not bad physics, it's just more challenging. I'll have to drive a few more days to really get a feel but I always thought GTA wasn't very realistic I mean you can control your car in the air and flip it over when upside down, etc., so for me GTA was designed for more fun while it seems WD is more realistic in the sense that you can't just drive everywhere full speed and expect not to die lol.

But driving isn't the focal point of this game
      hmm didn't seem that way in that video. the blue car was flying thru everything like it was a tank. it had bumper car physics when it hit other cars.

Comment

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
        hmm didn't seem that way in that video. the blue car was flying thru everything like it was a tank. it had bumper car physics when it hit other cars.
        Which blue car? Are you talking about the 9 minute multiplayer demo video? If so the developers had all vehicle damage disabled since they were trying to only show online features.

From my gameplay experience your car will get damaged quickly depending on the inpact of the crash.

Comment

Crashes definitely feel like bumper cars. Another thing I don't like is how drivers slam the brakes when you get near the front of the car.

You can pretty much run freely on the highway and not get run over.

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
            Which blue car? Are you talking about the 9 minute multiplayer demo video? If so the developers had all vehicle damage disabled since they were trying to only show online features.

From my gameplay experience your car will get damaged quickly depending on the inpact of the crash.
            yeah that one. the final product doesn't seem all that different though.

the car is taking damage now of course but still bouncing off everything and there's no loss of momentum when it's hitting things.

Comment

Oh yeah, it's not perfect or great, but it's not bad either. Driving is better on GTA5 but that's much more of a focal point in GTA.

Comment

but i reckon you will still do a lot of it, missions, getting around etc. it's jarring to say the least compared to how meticulous the rest of the game is. that trailer from E3 was phenomenal.

Comment

You drive all the time in WD. Buy a performance car - well worth the money.

Comment

Originally posted by fight_professor View Post
                    You drive all the time in WD. Buy a performance car - well worth the money.
                    That's true.

What I mean by driving isn't a focal point is that in WD you mainly use a vehicle to get from point A to point B. Whereas GTA the game is really centered around cars and modding them and just driving around for fun. So far in my experience WD is more about gameplay and missions and side missions. I played for 2-3 hours last night and had a blast. If you played and liked other Ubisoft games then one would be comfortable with the controls. It's like a combo of Assassin's Creed and Splinter Cell. But if people are expecting a GTA5. clone they'll be disappointed as it's not really that kind of game. It's full of puzzles, stealth missions, etc., like most Ubisoft games.

Comment

I wasn't too fond of the music in the game, I turned off the auto music in the car actually. But I thoroughly enjoyed one mission ( I won't say ) in a gang hideout and C.R.E.A.M. started to play.

Comment

Working...
                      X