View Single Post
Old 05-02-2019, 06:57 AM #78
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1535 Post(s)
The Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 65,871.57
Total Points: 70,048.31

Quote:
Originally Posted by them_apples View Post
he beat Archie Moore 3 times. His resume at lhw is stacked, but 3 wins over Archie Moore in his prime is a write off on his LHW greatness? how is Ezzard Overrated. the second best LHW in my book is Michael spinks.

I've watched pretty much every bit of footage on Ezzard I while agree he wasn't always exciting he is the epitome of a tactical and high ring IQ fighter.
Examples of Charles doing this work better than promises that he did.
Alexis Arguello is another fighter than sort of played the same rythm as charles, he lulled his oponents to sleep and into timing a different speed, then when the opportunity presented itself the fast hard shot was fired off when the oponent least expected it. Charles did this so much some of his knockouts looked like a day job to him, like he could do it on 2 hours sleep with his eyes closed.

on the other hand you have a low IQ fighter like Khan, throws every shot as fast as he can, his oponents know this so they prepare for it and his speed becomes pretty much ineffective vs anyone good.
Examples of Charles doing this are preferred over promises he did.
The Old LefHook is offline   Reply With Quote