Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Riddick Bowe?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Riddick Bowe?

Listen,I think Lenny sparks him personally,but I want others opinions on this,isn't it?

The Lenny who destroyed the Canuck Razor in two against the Riddick Bowe who peaked against Holy
    Lenny Lewis
    72.22%
    Big daddy Bowe
    27.78%
    Last edited by Postman prat; 03-15-2010, 12:21 PM.

Lewis isn't beating anybody good unless they're way past their prime.

Comment

I go for Bowe, the guy that fought Holyfield first time was sensational. I dont think Lewis would take his heavy combinations. Whereas Bowe had one hell of a good chin in the early 90s.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
        I go for Bowe, the guy that fought Holyfield first time was sensational. I dont think Lewis would take his heavy combinations. Whereas Bowe had one hell of a good chin in the early 90s.
        Lewis knew that the version of Bowe who hammered Holyfield in 92 was far too much for him to fight so he deliberately priced himself out of a fight, knowing Bowe would be stripped of the WBC belt.. Lewis also turned down a huge payday to fight Bowe in 95 when neither held a belt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0eins2DhSo

Comment

I remember alot about the politics at the time, never really felt I got the truth though.

One of the biggest shames in heavyweight history that we never got to see these two face off.

I do think that Lewis would beat Bowe post Holyfield 3, but prime for prime.....Big Daddy surely takes this one.

Comment

Lewis knocks him out............again.

Comment

I think it would've been a very good competitive fight but I lean towards Lewis to win, at his best I thought Lewis was better on the outside than Bowe, had a better jab and better technique and he knew how to hold and spoil on the inside, I'm talking about the Lewis after he got together with Steward.

Comment

Holy **** Lewis KILLS him! It's one of the most famous stories from that time. Lewis doiminated Bowe in 88, knocked him out in 2 rounds. Bowe refused to fight Lewis who was the most feared heavyweight in the early 90's. Damn, Lewis destroyed big men like this.

The fact that Bowe has any votes here is laughable and proves the U.S. bias.

I think Razor Ruddock (who took Tyson 19 rounds but was KTFO in 2 by Lewis) would have beaten Riddick Bowe.

Bowe wasn't in Lewis' league and he knew it.

Comment

I have less knowledge of Bowe, but his boxrec resume gimes me a hunch his prime is not enough to beat a prime Lewis I know..

Comment

I think Lewis was obviously better on the outside and would be able to keep him at range most the fight. Lewis by UD.

Comment

Working...
                    X