Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we have a reasonable discussion on Deontay Wilder? What are your expectations?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wilder has huge potential..

George foreman basically fought scrubs til he fought Frazier and George was considered an underdog to Frazier.. Not saying wilder will be the next foreman, but he def has the ability to ko any heavy in the world if he lands flush

His biggest weakness is lack of experience and rounds... He needs more rounds before they put him in with contenders..
    I understand that they are building the hype on wilder by the perfect ko streak, but it's costing him experience in the ring and will prove to be his downfall when matched with top guys..

Why on earth haven't they kept him super busy over the last few years and had him fight Golata
    Rahman
    Toney
    Seth Mitchell
    Jonathon banks
    Cunningham
    Tarver

Those are the types of fights that are winnable, but will still give wilder enough rounds to learn and gain experience..

Comment

Originally posted by valero View Post
      Deontay has so much power that if he'd uppercutted himself like Fury did, he would've knocked himself out.
      Lmao,,, if that ever happened I would never be able to stop laughing..

And the sad thing is, your absolutely right

Comment

His best win is an internet troll and he couldn't even knock him out. Don't get me wrong he had a good reason to beat the **** of the guy but it really is his best win. He'll get murdered by Vlad so he really is irrelevant.

Comment

he'll get knocked out as soon as he steps up and fights james toney.

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
            His best win is an internet troll and he couldn't even knock him out. Don't get me wrong he had a good reason to beat the **** of the guy but it really is his best win. He'll get murdered by Vlad so he really is irrelevant.
            Lol that charlie z beating was gold though, charlie didn't give him a chance to knock him out as he ran. He did knock him down though but I'm sure deontay didn't want to ko him, just give him a good beating for all the **** he talked.

Yeah I don't see him beating wlad either, he's a contender but not on that level. He is the ubf champ though.

Comment

He beats them all......by KO. He'll reach 54-0, 54 KO's and people will still call him a bum.

Comment

Originally posted by sleazyfellow View Post
                Lol that charlie z beating was gold though, charlie didn't give him a chance to knock him out as he ran. He did knock him down though but I'm sure deontay didn't want to ko him, just give him a good beating for all the **** he talked.

Yeah I don't see him beating wlad either, he's a contender but not on that level. He is the ubf champ though.
                He had the glove for his left hand on his right hand too.

Comment

Wilder is unproven because of the opposition he's faced.

However, he has one-punch KO power, and he's taller than Wladimir Klitschko and has much longer arms.

He going to be very, very tough to beat.

He'll likely take out Gavern in rounds one or two. I expect he'll also KO Stiverne within 3 rounds if Don King ever lets that fight happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                    Wilder has huge potential..

George foreman basically fought scrubs til he fought Frazier and George was considered an underdog to Frazier.. Not saying wilder will be the next foreman, but he def has the ability to ko any heavy in the world if he lands flush

His biggest weakness is lack of experience and rounds... He needs more rounds before they put him in with contenders..
                    I understand that they are building the hype on wilder by the perfect ko streak, but it's costing him experience in the ring and will prove to be his downfall when matched with top guys..

Why on earth haven't they kept him super busy over the last few years and had him fight Golata
                    Rahman
                    Toney
                    Seth Mitchell
                    Jonathon banks
                    Cunningham
                    Tarver

Those are the types of fights that are winnable, but will still give wilder enough rounds to learn and gain experience..
                    I think that this is a very good post and quite agree he could have been matched more with guys like that! It would have been far more respectable and better experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
                      I think that this is a very good post and quite agree he could have been matched more with guys like that! It would have been far more respectable and better experience.
                      He hasnt been matched up with any decent fighters because his team most know something that we dont. They are genuinely afraid of putting him in the ring with anyone with a pulse.

Comment

Working...
                      X