No announcement yet.

JMM: Seeing Is Beleiving!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JMM: Seeing Is Beleiving!

He didnt say that, I did. Seriously, he's like the only guy in the game who you forgot what he looks like until you see him again. Everytime I think about this fight, I envision Floyd pulling a Gatti on JMM. I feel that way alot. Then out the blue I will see a 30sec clip of JMM's highlights or just him sparring and then I start thinking that he could give Floyd hell. I know JMM very well and Ive seen a million of his fights but he's the only guy who you almost forget what he fights like. His style is so dominant that I go from thinking that he's going to get killed to no one in the world can dominate this cat. At the end of the day I have faith in Floyd but I just dont get how people can downplay this fight after watching a JMM highlight or watch him spar. Dude is the real deal and Floyd better be on his game. Ive said a million times that I dont think any righty can hit a "prime" Mayweather clean. His has mastered his D that well. Thats why I favor him against pretty much any righty in history from 130-140. However, I also say that if there is one righty in history that could hit him clean then it is JMM because no one throws precise punches straight down the pipe like him. No one.

I always say that there are only 2 ways to beat Floyd and thats to be so much bigger & stronger than him to where he cant do anything but run & pot shot or be a Southpaw and just catch him with something. JMM is the only guy who I think could possibly catch him with something that could have the effect of a Southpaw punch. Something where Floyd has what he thinks is a perfect D but JMM still catches him square in the nose right down the pipe. Thats why it will be so interesting to watch. JMM & Victor Ortiz are pretty much the only guys in boxing who fight with that forward body lean. Thats why they are so great on Offense. Because of that lean they can get to the target quicker then you react. Then its times 2 because JMM is so skilled & Ortiz is a Southpaw. However, with that style you are basicaly face 1st with your D and I dont beleive that you can beat someone like Floyd with your face out front like that. He's going to get hit alot and Floyd's D should be on point enough to get the win. Either way I think it will be highly action packed with both guys being on the Offensive or atleast playing boxer/puncher

I find it hilarious that Floyd fans always pride themselves in believing they have a higher understanding of the sport than any other fan out there because they prefer the "slick intellegent defensive fighter" and if you don't "you should go watch UFC" yet these imbeciles will go and actually EQUATE a fighter like JMM who, if anyone has actually followed the sport of boxing would know, is LIGHTYEARS ahead of Gatti skill wise.

I mean, these elitist, pompous, condecending morons actually believe that JMM will stay stationary and as defence, crouch there with his shoulder slightly lifted, but with his head in clear reach of Floyd's right hand and STAY there as Floyd repeated pummels it just like Gatti did. Seriously.

JMM chances of winning are VERY low, but in no way will he be embarrassed like Gatti was and ANYONE who considers themselves a TRUE fan of the art would understand that without having to have it explained to them. For anyone to BELIEVE that notion even if its momentary is a complete moron who needs to stfu and not make threads or posts.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
      I find it hilarious that Floyd fans always pride themselves in believing they have a higher understanding of the sport than any other fan out there because they prefer the "slick intellegent defensive fighter" and if you don't "you should go watch UFC" yet these imbeciles will go and actually EQUATE a fighter like JMM who, if anyone has actually followed the sport of boxing would know, is LIGHTYEARS ahead of Gatti skill wise.

I mean, these elitist, pompous, condecending morons actually believe that JMM will stay stationary and as defence, crouch there with his shoulder slightly lifted, but with his head in clear reach of Floyd's right hand and STAY there as Floyd repeated pummels it just like Gatti did. Seriously.

JMM chances of winning are VERY low, but in no way will he be embarrassed like Gatti was and ANYONE who considers themselves a TRUE fan of the art would understand that without having to have it explained to them. For anyone to BELIEVE that notion even if its momentary is a complete moron who needs to stfu and not make threads or posts.

Comment

Yea lets not forget that Marquez is easily one of the greatest fighters of this era. AND possibly the greatest Mexican fighter in an era that included BOTH Morales and Barrera.

Marquez is REDICULOUSLY good, and he always seems to find a way to win. Not to mention he can adjust better then anyone in boxing today, so even if he gets dominated early it is not over.

I think Marquez puts up a hell of a fight, but Mayweather is equally as talented or maybe more so, and i think the size difference may prove to be the difference in the fight.

Mayweather wont feel Marquez's shots, But Mayweather could definetly be a DANGEROUS puncher in this fight

Comment

lets wait and see how marquez looks on 24/7 as far as his training.

Comment

marquez will do his thing,

Comment

Working...
            X