No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Koki Kameda To Face Yonfrez Pareio, April 7 in Osaka

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Koki Kameda To Face Yonfrez Pareio, April 7 in Osaka

Japan's Koki Kameda will defend his World Boxing Association bantamweight title against Yonfrez Pareio of Venezuela in April, his gym announced on Thursday.

The bout, to be fought on April 7 in Osaka, will be his sixth defence of the title since winning it when he beat Alexander Munoz of Venezuela in December 2010.

"I'm going to prepare and try to win by a knockout in my favourite city of Osaka," said Kameda, 26. "I will become a father for the second time later this year. I'm going to fight for my children and wife."

[Click Here To Read More]

Should be a good fight, the Kameda brothers are pretty decent. The younger brother Tomoki, who is still undefeated had a couple fights in Mexico where they seem to like him. Another two solid boxers coming out of Japan, not spectacular but well rounded fighters. Watched Koki's only loss to Pongsaklek, a real chess match. I'll be watching this event for sure.

Comment

Pareio just got ko'd by Hugo Ruiz last year. Kameda should rematch Ruiz on neutral ground, but won't.

Comment

Originally posted by giacomino View Post
        Pareio just got ko'd by Hugo Ruiz last year. Kameda should rematch Ruiz on neutral ground, but won't.
        good call,forgot about that one.

Comment

Hope Koki gets KO'ki'd.

Comment

Working...
          X