Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people think Mares would be more competitive than Rigo vs Donaire?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TBear View Post
    Mares fought a much higher level of competition than Rigo. Much higher!
    This too......

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
      Has he though? I mean he has fought the bigger more renowned names, sure. But he is yet to have a win over a legit 122lb fighter.

I give him credit for beating Moreno, Agbeko (who I never rated highly) & Darchinyan but these fights was at lower weights.

Moreno & Mares fought at 122, both moving up but that was basically a 118 fight for the 122 strap.
      Are you really trying to argue Rigo has fought the better comp???

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
        Are you really trying to argue Rigo has fought the better comp???

At 122, yes I am.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          At 122, yes I am.
          OoOo.... Nitpicking I see

Comment

His swarming style can possibly give Donaire problems. Plus he has a chin.

Comment

I think Rigondeaux would be a better fight for Donaire then Mares.

Comment

I'm not saying that Mares hasn't fought better competition and I'm not saying that because of that he's less deserving of a Donaire fight, but I am saying that I can see no scenario whereby he is more competitive than Rigondeaux. I just don't think he's on that level, although he is a very good fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by fvanesbeck View Post
                  I'm not saying that Mares hasn't fought better competition and I'm not saying that because of that he's less deserving of a Donaire fight, but I am saying that I can see no scenario whereby he is more competitive than Rigondeaux. I just don't think he's on that level, although he is a very good fighter.
                  what makes you say mares aint on that level but rigo is?

Comment

Because Mares and Donaire both are tested,while Rigo has yet to fight a top opponent..It's really simple tbh...

Comment

Originally posted by fvanesbeck View Post
                      If Mares gets inside, he has a big advantage. If he's allowed to cheat without repercussions like usual, then he should be the favorite against Donaire because there's no way to stop him from getting inside.

Comment

Working...
                      X