View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 04:23 AM #6
BILLY RAY* CYRUS JR

Quoted: 3546 Post(s)
Ray* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 141,164,204,319,468,814,336.00
Total Points: 100,141,164,204,319,467,110,400.00
Let's just say it's a smokescreen. - BattlingNelson an apple a day, ray - for being one of the most consistently sound guys here, someone i can agree with even when i disagree - Man In Black Cool cat, good poster - mangler Sorry dude! - S a m u r a i Excellent poster - ADDICT 
Took a while for this to be available mate! - Tamis_Siensya Ray* deserves a kick - Freedom. have a slice - sugarsmosley One of the best posters on the forum for a long time! - JK1700 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Mr._Pink Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i 
Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 

So hearn was right all along then.

"They up the offer from $12 million to $15 million. They said it would be the next fight and there would be a rematch clause. So we said we accept, send the contract. Then the contract comes and it has no date for the fight, no arena for the fight, the rematch clause says if he loses we redo the fight, if he wins he doesn't have to fight again.

A-side always get a rematch if they lose, B-side doesn't necessarily do. I think the only A-side that doesnt do this was Mayweather. According to Hearn he communicate no venue yet, september was out of the way due to Canelo/GGG the next date would be October/November 2018 (Wembley or Cardiff).

"So I wrote him and asked him to clarify where and when is the fight. He never answers and then he sends back 'I'll supply you the dates' and I said you'll have to have the contract back by Friday. We wanted to make sure we didn't miss anything else."

He never answered but he said "I would supply the dates" Isn't that an answer?

Finkel believes the entire scenario was the WBA was orchestrated by Hearn.

This i believe too, Shelly what goes around comes around, you did that too to other fighters with the help of the WBC.

We were never told 'the WBA is pressing me, you've got to give me an answer'. If you want a deal done, you do that. You say, 'hey Shelly I can't wait until Friday, I gotta have this back by Monday late or I'm going to lose the WBA [belt]. So he gets Gilberto Mendoza to send a letter that 'you got to tell us by tomorrow'. Very funny, on Sunday I send him a letter, 12 hours later there is a letter by Mendoza. Coincidence," Finkel said.

You want the A-side to be chasing you? You are the B-side and you should be chasing that fight for your client..You failed miserably.

He never said 'hey Shelly I've only got 24 hours, if you really want the fight get it to me. He never said look we can do September 22nd at Wembley, he never said you're right it should be a two-match thing but they would both have to be at Wembley. None of that. He didn't want the fight. Have a little balls and just say we are not ducking Wilder. This is what we feel is in the best interest of Joshua. Here is what we are doing. We will make an offer to fight Wilder April 13th, Wembley stadium, 2019, this is the conditions. We would have said no, here is what we want."

22nd of september isn't a date for that sort of fight. You should be on your toes and getting everything in if you think Hearn doesnt want that fight. In short Shelly messed up this fight from his client point of view big time.
Ray* is offline   Reply With Quote