Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Man dies at party after being shot in chest by friend while wearing bulletproof vest

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man dies at party after being shot in chest by friend while wearing bulletproof vest

Man dies at party after allegedly being shot in chest by friend while wearing bulletproof vest

'He didn't know the gun was loaded,' says suspect's girlfriend

A man wearing a bulletproof vest died after he was shot in the chest by a friend at a party.

Jason Griffin, a friend of the victim whose name has not been released, has been charged with manslaughter, police in Houston, Texas confirmed.
    His girlfriend, Mary Warstler, told the ABC13 news channel that the 39-year-old did not think the gun was loaded and had not meant to kill his friend.

Although she had not attended the party, she said she spoke to her boyfriend shortly after he fled the scene of the shooting. He later turned himself in.

She said he told her that he had gone to "sell his friend a flak jacket." The victim, she said, had told him to "shoot me" after he tried it on.

“It’s so bad because he didn’t know the gun was loaded,” she added. “He felt bad for what happened to his friend.”

She added that Mr Griffin had tried to save his friend before fleeing the scene and later became suicidal. He subsequently suffered two seizures and was taken to hospital.
    Homicide Sgt Mark Holbrook confirmed part of the story.

"The victim put on a bulletproof vest and another man who has a gun winds up shooting him," he said. "It's unusual, but these things happen sometimes."

The victim was dead by the time officers arrived at the scene, he added.

He also confirmed that Mr Griffin was taken into custody on Sunday afternoon after being treated in hospital.

Along with manslaughter, Mr Griffin had also been charged with unlawful possession of body armour and being a felon in possession of a weapon.

Just over 3,200 people were killed by a firearm in Texas in 2015, according to the US Centre for Disease Control and Prevention, a rate of 11.7 per 100,000 population.

The rate nationwide in 2015 was 11.1 per 100,000.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a8240551.html

Another Darwin Award winner.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
      Another Darwin Award winner.
      Exactly, one life ended, and the other life ruined. He should have shot himself too, lil coward.

Comment

Along with manslaughter, Mr Griffin had also been charged with unlawful possession of body armour and being a felon in possession of a weapon.

well there you go

Comment

I wonder what his sentence will be. I'd guess less than 3 years, since he genuinely felt regretful to the point of suicide.

Comment

He's lucky to be charged with only manslaughter. Looks like murder 2 to me

Comment

I swear you hear this exact story like 3 times a year, people filming it to post on social media and end up dying.... Dumb mother****ahs....

Comment

earned it. both of them. FFS this country is filled with some of the planet's dumbest people.

those two should be castrated, and kept in a home, never mind have the right to own bullet proof vests and guns.

Comment

play stupid games.....win stupid prizes

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                    play stupid games.....win stupid prizes

what, you don't play "heart and lung check" with your friends?

i'd be more worried about getting shot in the chest if any of those organs were valuable

Comment

Working...
                    X