No announcement yet.

People are sleeping on Ruiz jr

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
    anybody aj fights has skills and is tough, anyone wilder fights is a overrated bum who you find any and everything to say something negative about, we get it guys
    Please; i'm literally having a discussion with another guy about how Ortiz is one of the big 4 just because Ortiz lost to Wilder. Somehow losing to Wilder puts Ortiz in the same category as a triple titleholder and the lineal champion.

Basically there are just as many Wilder fanboys here that criticise every Joshua opponent and hype every Wilder opponent so your continual victim routine is just hollow.

Comment

One thing I’ll say for Ruiz and his chance in this one is that Joshua has never looked quite as comfortable against the shorter fighters. That could give Ruiz a chance to do some early work but I think Joshua will get to him before too long and end it.

Styles make fights but there’s still levels and i just don’t see Ruiz as a top heavyweight

Comment

Originally posted by Deus View Post
        Please; i'm literally having a discussion with another guy about how Ortiz is one of the big 4 just because Ortiz lost to Wilder. Somehow losing to Wilder puts Ortiz in the same category as a triple titleholder and the lineal champion.

Basically there are just as many Wilder fanboys here that criticise every Joshua opponent and hype every Wilder opponent so your continual victim routine is just hollow.
        first off I'm not one of those guys, I'm of the opinion both team aj and team wilder are the reason we haven't seen this fight. I don't criticize opponents like that because ive actually boxed n know at this level everyone is pretty much good.

so who are the top 5 heavyweights (there aren't many top names) you all brag on aj beating fighters in the top 10 but when another fighter does it u complain. and I noticed the same people who were saying wilder would duck Ortiz started calling him a 50 year old bum after the ko, then complained wilder got extra time now that its a rematch you complain again. Ortiz is one of the most skilled HWs we have, he doesn't have the best resume but skill wise hes in the top. he hasn't looked good but what HW outside of the few top 3 actually are anything to brag about?

Comment

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
          first off I'm not one of those guys, [1] I'm of the opinion both team aj and team wilder are the reason we haven't seen this fight. I don't criticize opponents like that because ive actually boxed n know at this level everyone is pretty much good.

so who are the top 5 heavyweights (there aren't many top names) you all brag on aj beating fighters in the top 10 but when another fighter does it u complain [2]. and I noticed the same people who were saying wilder would duck Ortiz started calling him a 50 year old bum after the ko, then complained wilder got extra time now that its a rematch you complain again. Ortiz is one of the most skilled HWs we have, he doesn't have the best resume but skill wise hes in the top. he hasn't looked good but what HW outside of the few top 3 actually are anything to brag about? [3]
          [1] Not saying you are... but you can't whine about how the forum is full of fanboys talking down Wilder's opponents when there are just as many fanboys talking down Joshua's opponents. Just makes you come across no different to the fanboys you're complaining about. If you aren't one of them then just block the crap they come up with and be done with it.

[2] You all? No the fan boys do.

[3] That's exactly the point... outside of the top 3 there isn't anyone to brag out. There's some decent fighters there like Ortiz, Povetkin but they are all a level below the likes of Wilder / Joshua / Fury and would be expected to lose against them.

Comment

Originally posted by 2fast2strong View Post
            People are sleeping on the fat boy because of his body but I do believe he will give AJ more problems than almost everyone he has faced so far.

Ruiz is fat and much smaller than AJ, but the dude knows how to fight.

What makes it worse for AJ is when fat boy gives him problems it’s going to look worse because he’ll be getting some work from someone who looks like they literally just got off of the couch and told his homie to hold his beer.

I just look forward to all of the damage control by AJ’s fanboys after the fight.

We'll see whats good. Ruiz best wins are 10 round decisions on Liakhovich and Kevin Johnson, not impressive at all.

He also went the distance with someone named Franklin Lawrence and couldn't knock out Zumbano or some dude called Joell Godfrey.

Not impressive.

An argument can be made that he beat Parker by decision, that fight was close and could have gone either way.

But overall, Andy Ruiz resume is not impressive, his resume is very weak.

Just keeping it 100

Comment

I expect AJ to win the rounds and win the fight by KO as usual.

Comment

He might be tough, but I don't like how he has acted. He just seems too happy to be there and keeps saying he will do his best.

Comment

He will do way better than Dominic Breazeale that's for sure

Comment

Even though Ruiz looks like the Pillsbury dough boy he does have skills and heart. If his chin and stamina can hold up this could be a fun fight.

This fight is not in the UK so AJ hopefully won't get one of those standing stoppages.

Comment

Originally posted by 2fast2strong View Post
                      People are sleeping on the fat boy because of his body but I do believe he will give AJ more problems than almost everyone he has faced so far.

Ruiz is fat and much smaller than AJ, but the dude knows how to fight.

What makes it worse for AJ is when fat boy gives him problems it’s going to look worse because he’ll be getting some work from someone who looks like they literally just got off of the couch and told his homie to hold his beer.

I just look forward to all of the damage control by AJ’s fanboys after the fight.
                      Damage control won't be needed after AJ easily wins by KO.

Comment

Working...
                      X