No announcement yet.

Why Is Boxing So Boring?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
    Nothing to be excited about. What fights are you really, really looking forward to? Any? Look at this board. It's semi-dead.

Good and potential great fighters aren't fighting each other because of promotional, network, and BS belts from corrupt alphabet belt orgs.

Boxing is my favorite and only sport I watch. What's happening to our sport, guys?

What can we do?
    Please leave boxing you PBC chump.

Every WW is ducking the #1 fighter in the world, Terrence Crawford, including your queer posse Spencer, MMAShawn, Next Time Keith, etc.

Deyonce is ducking Anthony Joshua, the best Heavyweight in the World

Thankfully MW is NOT PBC and we're seeing the best fight the best. At least we have that!

What IS Exciting:

Ca$hnelo thinking of taking over SMW and LHW. Very exciting stuff !

Loma and TC are staying busy with whatever willing opposition they can find. And they're getting the job done!

Beanie Baby Davis and Wannabe Shakur might go to jail so at least we can be spared their acts!

Wilder might get KTFO so that's something!

Spencer gonna be the GOAT of LW...AT WELTERWEIGHT!

In all seriousness boxing is in a lull right now. There are no mega fights. The Canelo-GGG fights lost a LOT of luster after Canelo whooped GGG and sent him into a mini retirement. Now GGG comes back...to fight tomato cans. Again. Nobody cares. . .

Canelo has only Andrade left and Andrade hasn't fought anyone remotely as good as Canelo. Hard to see Andrade win a decision.

Crawford won't get any major names at WW because they're afraid.

Loma won't get Mikey or Tank because they're afraid.

Loma Might get Teofimo, but I'd rather he built his profile more tbh

PBC is simply bad for boxing. No other way around it

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.365 View Post
      When UFC was a threat in 2016 having PPVs do +1 million buys while boxing couldnt even crack a million is when it forced the sport to be great again in 2017, 2018 with the Nelo-G fights

UFC is now on a app for ffs & isnt going to threaten boxing just like WWE whose ratings keep declining due to lack of stars.

What can we do? I watch NBA, Premier League, La Liga, LIGA MX, NFL, I dont mind Hockey so maybe you should watch other sports

If it's anything I see Top Rank/ESPN Boxing tanking too since their roster sucks imo & they are running out of laundromat workers for Lomo, Terence Crawford, etc
      Loma will get Davis and Crawford with Spence. Hope it's not too late. Nice journeymen could ruin all plans tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
        Please leave boxing you PBC chump.

Every WW is ducking the #1 fighter in the world, Terrence Crawford, including your queer posse Spencer, MMAShawn, Next Time Keith, etc.

Deyonce is ducking Anthony Joshua, the best Heavyweight in the World

Thankfully MW is NOT PBC and we're seeing the best fight the best. At least we have that!

What IS Exciting:

Ca$hnelo thinking of taking over SMW and LHW. Very exciting stuff !

Loma and TC are staying busy with whatever willing opposition they can find. And they're getting the job done!

Beanie Baby Davis and Wannabe Shakur might go to jail so at least we can be spared their acts!

Wilder might get KTFO so that's something!

Spencer gonna be the GOAT of LW...AT WELTERWEIGHT!

In all seriousness boxing is in a lull right now. There are no mega fights. The Canelo-GGG fights lost a LOT of luster after Canelo whooped GGG and sent him into a mini retirement. Now GGG comes back...to fight tomato cans. Again. Nobody cares. . .

Canelo has only Andrade left and Andrade hasn't fought anyone remotely as good as Canelo. Hard to see Andrade win a decision.

Crawford won't get any major names at WW because they're afraid.

Loma won't get Mikey or Tank because they're afraid.

Loma Might get Teofimo, but I'd rather he built his profile more tbh

PBC is simply bad for boxing. No other way around it
        Please post respectfully. Screw your theories and racism. I'm not interested in politics or petty stuff. I don't care about Wilder or PBC.

Canelo is the best fighter in the world right now, after Estrada!

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          Clickbait? Boxing is exciting. The matchmaking right now is awful.
          Exciting? Examples?

Comment

Exciting? Examples?
            If you don't get how watching combat between two trained athletes is exciting then you need to crawl back into your hole.

Of course, you're lying because you wouldn't be here if you didn't find it exciting so GTFO with the trolling.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              If you don't get how watching combat between two trained athletes is exciting then you need to crawl back into your hole.

Of course, you're lying because you wouldn't be here if you didn't find it exciting so GTFO with the trolling.
              The point was it isn't that exciting right now for various reasons. Not that I don't find boxing exciting.

Comment

Exciting? Examples?
                Actually this might be the most exciting time for boxing.

The buildup of mega fights is what makes it so much fun.

Canelo-GGG was a great buildup. Both fights were great.

Floyd-Manny was a historic buildup. Fight was a dud (Manny was scared)

We may (hopefully) be in the beginning/early stages of Crawford-Errald buildup as well as AJ-Deyonce or Loma-Teofimo...might even get Usyk a quick shot to AJ with a tuneup in the fall for him.

A shame PBC blocks good fights from happening. It's crazy that company has ANY fans.

Hopefully Terrence can get one of Ugas, Porter, Danny, Manny, or Keith in the winter. Won't hold my breath though. Most likely to be Kell Brook which could be a good scrap depending on which Kell shows up

Comment

Please post respectfully. Screw your theories and racism. I'm not interested in politics or petty stuff. I don't care about Wilder or PBC.

Canelo is the best fighter in the world right now, after Estrada!
                  Terrence Crawford is #1 in the world right now. He's after NOBODY

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
                    Terrence Crawford is #1 in the world right now. He's after NOBODY
                    He has a case, a good choice.

Comment

Resumes must not factor into whos p4p king

Comment

Working...
                      X