No announcement yet.

Golden Boy makes Kovalev an "extremely low" offer for September

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
    Kovalev's not some big name. I would have though 5 million would have done it. Maybe that's not enough for the weight drain.
    Or maybe they offered him 3M. How do you know it was 5M?

Comment

Six million is more than reasonable for Kovalev. He only made about $2M+ to fight Ward the first time and maybe less in the rematch. There just isn't a lot of money to be made at 175. Canelo will be bringing in the PPV sales for this fight. Kovalev/Ward only did 160K and 125K sales in their fights.

Comment

What was Big Baby getting again? $8M, $10M?

But idk if I'd call THAT low. They were overpaying Big Baby to get a great opponent for a NY fight for a guy debuting in the US. This is a guy who's HUGE in the US fighting. And I'd bet its a career high best payday even if it is less than Big Baby got.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
          What was Kovalev making for the Ward fights? I don't think it was very much.
          1-2M. But Canelo should offer him more. How much more? I would say something around 5M.

Comment

5 million not enough? GTFOH does Cathy Duval expect CAnelo to pay her 5 mil as well???

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              What was Big Baby getting again? $8M, $10M?

But idk if I'd call THAT low. They were overpaying Big Baby to get a great opponent for a NY fight for a guy debuting in the US. This is a guy who's HUGE in the US fighting. And I'd bet its a career high best payday even if it is less than Big Baby got.
              Big Baby was getting like 6 million.

Comment

Kovalev deserves more because he’s the reason the fight is so big.

If wasn’t the WBO light heavyweight champion and if he wasn’t a former top 3 p4p type guy, this wouldn’t be a super fight.

So he should tell Canelo to shove his lame offer where the sun don’t shine. Because who’s Canelo going to fight? The only other option is GGG, a fight Canelo doesn’t want to make. Nothing else out there makes any sense.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                  1-2M. But Canelo should offer him more. How much more? I would say something around 5M.
                  Canelo paydays are supposed to be good so I can't disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
                    Kovalev deserves more because he’s the reason the fight is so big.

If wasn’t the WBO light heavyweight champion and if he wasn’t a former top 3 p4p type guy, this wouldn’t be a super fight.

So he should tell Canelo to shove his lame offer where the sun don’t shine. Because who’s Canelo going to fight? The only other option is GGG, a fight Canelo doesn’t want to make. Nothing else out there makes any sense.
                    Yes Kovalev is such a draw, he'd be the reason the fight is big.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                      Six million is more than reasonable for Kovalev. He only made about $2M+ to fight Ward the first time and maybe less in the rematch.

Kovalev is not getting $6 million.

If they offered him $2.5 million to $3 million he should grab on to it like grim death.

Comment

Working...
                      X