Collapse
No announcement yet.

Updated Klitschko V Haye video by Dwyer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A while back he seemed to make pretty good predictions. But lately his Pac vs Margarito, Sergio vs Williams, Pac vs Mosley, and now Wlad vs Haye all seem like bad predictions.

Comment

Originally posted by Holtol View Post
      A while back he seemed to make pretty good predictions. But lately his Pac vs Margarito, Sergio vs Williams, Pac vs Mosley, and now Wlad vs Haye all seem like bad predictions.
      He missed the mark with Froch-Abraham too. He said he was sure it wouldn't go the distance.

Comment

everyone is entitled to their opinion

I think he is pretty much spot on with this prediction

Comment

If Haye's smart (which he isn't! ) he'll fight Vitali in the hope he's slowed up enough or just avoid the Klitschko's altogether as he has done so for the past two years. He just doesn't have the size or chin to stand up to Wladimir's shots.

Comment

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
            everyone is entitled to their opinion
            I agree but as a self-proclaimed boxing expert who has published a book on how to bet on boxing he seems to be looking for the upset in virtually every big fight that comes up only to say afterwards that he called it (in like 1 out of 10 times).

It's a shame to hear him talk about Wlad being a robot when in fact Wlad's simply a very straight forward disciplined guy who has adopted a text book style of fighting. How can an expert like Dwyer not appreciate that? Hardly anyone executes that kind of boxing and yes, it sure does look ugly but it's effective as hell and hard to master.

Comment

eh, he's alright, i've noticed that all of the fights that me and dywer have bet on i always gotten them right and he gets them wrong

he's also wrong about haye not being able to win by decision, he probabley can't if his chin is as bad as some believe, but he can definitely outbox wlad

Comment

Originally posted by Faerun View Post
                I agree but as a self-proclaimed boxing expert who has published a book on how to bet on boxing he seems to be looking for the upset in virtually every big fight that comes up only to say afterwards that he called it (in like 1 out of 10 times).

It's a shame to hear him talk about Wlad being a robot when in fact Wlad's simply a very straight forward disciplined guy who has adopted a text book style of fighting. How can an expert like Dwyer not appreciate that? Hardly anyone executes that kind of boxing and yes, it sure does look ugly but it's effective as hell and hard to master.
                I found it strange that he thought that Martinez would be weight drained also. Most people that follow boxing know that was a fairly normal weight cut. What Haye did vs Valuev and Ruiz did not show me he can deal with Wlad.

Comment

Originally posted by Faerun View Post

If he were telling us how much he bet and keeping a running tab he would be losing his ass over the past year.

This is the kind of fight that a pro gambler goes all in on Wlad and then takes the winnings to make much smaller speculative plays on underdogs.

All the dirty camel ****ers that love Amir Khan on this board love to point out that I lost money on Maidana.

Big deal. I got 5.5-1 on Maidana by a KO and that's a great bet that I would make again in a heartbeat. Somebody laying 4-1 on Khan just to win straight up... I guess if you win OK, but you won't win much and you're putting a lot of money at risk in a high risk situation.

Maidana at 5.5-1 against Khan is night and day a better bet that David Haye 2-1 over Wlad Klitschko.

As someone who has been betting boxing constantly for years now I know how tempting it is to take a hard look at the underdog, but the bottom line is you gotta win money somewhere to afford those underdog bets cause you aren't gonna win them all no matter how good you are at handicapping.

Comment

Funny how upset all the Klit nut huggers are over this video. The fact is Wlad is not perfect, he's not a great fighter, and he's very slow and predictable. Wlad does not have a very good chin, decent, but not good enough to have to be beaten down over a long fight to get him out of there like Tyson. Wlad has been KO'd early by lesser fighters and Haye has tremendous speed and power. Sanders even though old, had a very hard and fast left hand. Its the combination of power and speed that an awkward tall slow fighter like Wlad has a problem with. It will always be like that for any fighter like that. That being said, Haye has to connect and win by knockout to win this fight. I agree he doesn't work enough to win a decision. Wlad might even be successful with his jab, but no fighter lands 100%, so there will be times Haye will have the opportunity to land on that glass jaw and get that overgrown, boring, awkward, lame excuse of a ATG HW champion out of there. OK now, you can bring on the ALT's Tunney.:blow:

Comment

Anyone that thinks Wlad is "very slow" hasn't seen him fight. Haye is faster, but at HW he's been to afraid to get hit, even against a MUCH slower, MUCH more awkward and MUCH less powerful Valuev, to land much of substance against Wlad. Even against Harrison, Haye didn't land a single punch in the first round (well neither of them did.)

Comment

Working...
                      X