No announcement yet.

Foreman vs. Ali - Foreman Fought Like a Bum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foreman vs. Ali - Foreman Fought Like a Bum

ESPN Classic just aired (for the 357th time) the "Rumble In The Jungle" Ali-Foreman.

It never ceases to amaze me justhow inept George Foreman looked in that fight.
    You can say Ali made him look that way.....but, Ali did virtually nothing....& Foreman looked like a complete idiot.
    He looked like a big mummy, pushing his fists, pawing with them, while stumbling forward.

He looked like a drunk who was dragged out of the audience to fight !
    To this day, it remains one of the most embarrassing performances in Heavyweight Championship history.

I don't know WHY ESPN classic feels obligated to air that fight once a week.

If they are so fixated on Ali, why not the Thrilla in Manila? Or Ali-Cooper?

If its George they are fixated on, why not Foreman-Lyle?

Comment

I honestly think that in the first time in foreman's career, he was discouraged and intimidated.. because he sure didn't fight Frazier that way..

Comment

I've seen a few interviews where he says he injured his hand in training and it affected him, dunno if it's just an excuse or not.

Comment

Originally posted by sonofisis
          I honestly think that in the first time in foreman's career, he was discouraged and intimidated.. because he sure didn't fight Frazier that way..

frazier went right to Foreman....walking to George.
          George just either pushed him off or blasted him.

Ali made Foreman think a little bit, & Foreman couldn't think & fight at the same time.

As for George being injured.....a hurt hand won't make you stumble & flail like a drunken bum.

God, has any fighter just lost ? Enough with the excuses !

Comment

You ARE probably right, just thought it was worth a mention

Comment

I read an interview with George, and he said that his trainer qould not let him drink water. He wanted him cut, and lean. I personaly think that is a BS excuse. How can you say Ali did nothing? He worked George like he worked other guys. In the "Sweet Science" Ali was truly the professor.

Comment

When seeing this fight for the first time, i remembered it as foreman throwing tons of punches and dominating the fight until ali got him tired. However, after watching this fight about five more times, i believe ali was winning the fight just before he knocked him down. He was talking to george, intimidating him and throwing jabs and 1-2 combinations to score points while moving around alot in the early rounds. In the later rounds he was connecting solidly while foreman was pawing at him and trying to create room for one big punch to change the fight. I also believe foreman got frustrated a little, which also took him off his game.
                Also, perhaps all the trash talk before the fight got to foreman's head, which is why he didnt try to walk through ali like he did to foreman

Comment

Ali didn't have to do much but cover up while he was on the ropes during the fight. Ali just let foreman punch himself out and when he got so tired, Ali threw combos and laid foreman flat. Foreman was so tired, he couldn't get up. Foreman did 50% of the work for Ali and Ali did the rest to get the knockout. Ali was the first and only smart fighter that fought Foreman up to that point.

Comment

ESPN Classic does need to show some different fights

They love the Rumble In The Jungle

Comment

Working...
                    X