Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If DLH-Mayweather Does over 1.4 Million Buys...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shanus View Post
    If it surpasses 1.4 million, it's because Oscar is fighting Floyd, not because Floyd is fighting Oscar.
    That makes absolutely no sense. You're inferring DLH could do 1.4 million with anyone, which he obviously can't...

Comment

Then he should have picked your garbageman over Mosley, since that did less than 600k

total ownage

Comment

Originally posted by $iN View Post
        What does that say for Mayweather as a PPV draw?

Many people think DLH-Mayweather has the chance to top the 1.4 million buys that DLH-Trinidad did and possibly break the all-time record of 2 million buys for Lewis-Tyson.

A lot of people believe DLH is the one bringing in the majority of the buys, which I agree with, but he needs a good dance partner to reach those record breaking numbers. DLH was able to hit 1 million with Hopkins, but he could only do about 900k with Vargas and something like 600k with Mosley, both of whom are considered big attractions in the sport.

So if this fight cracks 1.4 million or more, how much of that is due to Mayweather's drawing power?
        I think that has a lot to do with the lack of good fights now days. so when there is one good PPV, everyone and their mother gets it. Back during DLH-Trinidad, there were other quality PPVs, so the audience was spread through several fights. I think if DLH-Trinidad was this year (everything else being the same, like both in their primes and undefeated), it would have done much better than it did.

Comment

Originally posted by Shanus View Post
          If it surpasses 1.4 million, it's because Oscar is fighting Floyd, not because Floyd is fighting Oscar.
          you know what you right because other than fighting oscar he won't get near 600k buys

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
            I wonder if HBO will 'up the ante' on this one from 49.95 to maybe 54.95? Has anyone ordered it yet?
            They have.

Comment

oscar and mayorga did almost a million. that says a lot about oscar's draw with ppv audience. floyd has about 300k but if this will sell more than 1.4 its becasue of oscar mainly.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Jesus View Post
                i cant read that on a computer screen.
                This is difficult to achieve I know..

To me Any discussion involving PBF seems to bring out the worst in people .. on both sides..
                Logic and communication go out the window.. and Unilateral blanket statements are delivered as fact .. and any disagreement brings ,more of the same.. I feel its the only way to communicate This topic..
                everytime I try LOGIC I simply get ignored.. Its like no ONE wants to back down..and see reason.. They are happy in their silly bickering...
                So when in ROME..........

Comment

The drawing power is Oscar... HOWEVER.

With Floyd as his opponent it will bring in even more buys. Other shows which people have bought have been for ODLH... these buys will be for the fight. Some big boxing fans don't buy ODLH stuff. Lots of casual fans wont buy Mayweather's stuff. Put 'em together and you've got the fans and the die hard fans who all want to order it.

1.4 million seems about right. It wont top 1.75 or be less than 1 mil though.

Comment

can people in the UK buy it aswell?

Comment

DLH is definately the draw for this fight, his recent PPV with mayorga shows this, he did nearly 1 million and mayorga is not a house hold name, however PBF at the moment still does about on average 300,000 PPV buys when he has a dance partner in the ring with him, and to be honest this will onl ybe like his 3rd or 4th fight on PPV i think???

the thing with PBF is that he thinks he has drawing power like DLH, like a trinidad, but he dont, nothing is wrong with the numbers he puts up, 300,000PPV is up there with the barreras, pacquiaos and morales' of this world, there is nothing wrong with his numbers. its just that he believes his own hype, thinkin that this fight is selling so well because of him, its mainly because of DLH. and when he fought gatti on PPV they were mostly gatti fans who forked out for the fight, PBF is a good talker and does hype up his fights so hes doing something right.

in regards to the fight, i liken this PPV situation to barrera vs naseem hamed. i personally bought the fight to watch barrera smash naseem hameds face in and i actually paid to watch hamed lose because i couldnt stand the crap he talks and thinkin like he was the best ever, although barrera is my favourite boxer of all time, one of the reasons i actually PAID to watch that fight was so i can watch barrera beat hamed bad, and he did. i think people will be doing this in regards to DLH and mayweather. people are going to want to buy this fight to see if mayweather loses. not because its a historical event

Comment

Working...
                      X