No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez's Wife is Standing Firm: I Told Juan To Retire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Marquez's Wife is Standing Firm: I Told Juan To Retire

Juan Manuel Marquez is getting a lot of pressure to retire from boxing. The Mexican fighter's wife, Erika, wants him to end his career with the sixth round knockout of Manny Pacquiao, which took place on December 8th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Juan, 39-years-old, is trying to convince her to allow him to continue his career, at least for one more fight, but she hasn't budged from her position. There is some internal support. Juan's oldest son, Aldo, wants has father to continue in the sport.

[Click Here To Read More]

oh boy...there goes our 5th fight!

Comment

good for marquez wife. thats love speaking right there. I agree Its better to have him in health especially reaching 40 years old

Comment

Sounds like ole Juan has himself a good woman!

Comment

Evil Bob Arum is getting that few million dollar check ready, this is when marquez will earn the most in his career... So NO he will not retire.. its just common sense.

Comment

Honestly, if Juan retires you can't really be mad at him. He's on top of the world right now. It's actually never been a better time to retire, obviously since he's accomplished the biggest thing in his career. How many fighters go out with a bang like he could? Either way, I'd respect any decision he makes.

Comment

He should put Bradley on his ass then retire..

Comment

Marquez wife laying down the law! Love it

Comment

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
                  good for marquez wife. thats love speaking right there. I agree Its better to have him in health especially reaching 40 years old
                  I agree...BUT...Bernard Hopkins is 47 and fighting of a title! He dont look 40! I dont think age has nothing to do with JMM fighting or not. He has to know his 5th fight with Manny will be the biggest payday yet. So money could influence his decision!
                  we will see. Im betting he will retire!

Comment

I hope he does retire. You can't write a better script to end your career. KO your big rival and finally prove to all the doubters that you really were the better fighter. Got the only true victory of the entire series. I'd gladly watch a 5th fight, but I'd be thrilled for him if he rode off into the sunset on the strength of that win.

Comment

Working...
                    X