No announcement yet.

I think Floyd will hit the canvas once against Ortiz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Floyd will hit the canvas once against Ortiz

I can see him catching Floyd in the early rounds. I mean has Ortiz ever stepped in the ring without dropping his opponent? Even against Maidana and Peterson, he may not have won but he certainly put them on their asses.

The thing about Ortiz us, he's very smart and accurate. When most fighters (like Mosley) catch their opponent with a hard shot, they start throwing wild hayemakers to attempt to follow up. Against Floyd that doesn't work obviously. But Ortiz won't do that. When he caught Berto, he wasn't in the position to put him down. Most of the time fighters hold on after getting caught like that, but he followed up with smart uppercuts through Berto's guard and forced him down. I can see him doing the same to Floyd.

Of course, afterwards he'll probably get picked apart and possibly stopped lol
    Yes, Ortiz's accuracy and power will get through Floyd's guard at least once
    36.84%
    No, Floyd's defense is too good. Ortiz won't land a single hard shot
    63.16%
    Last edited by BoxerDood; 06-11-2011, 11:00 AM.

possible.....................but i doubt it

Comment

Come on man, Floyd didn't even go down against Mosley. Floyd wins every round.

Comment

floyd is past prime so there is a high possibility of that hapnin

Comment

If THAT happens Bob Arum and Freddie Roach will have an orgy.

Comment

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
            If THAT happens Bob Arum and Freddie Roach will have an orgy.

Comment

ortiz is hitting the deck 4sho

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Scene View Post
                Come on man, Floyd didn't even go down against Mosley. Floyd wins every round.
                But if he hadn't held on for dear life, he possibly could have. He's a good survivor. Plus Mosley threw a bunch of wild hayemakers that Floyd was able to block easier after. But Ortiz is one of those fighters who can put you down even when you hold on for dear life because he's so strong and accurate.

Add in the fact that Floyd's 34 and isn't as quick on his feet as he once was.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
                  ortiz is hitting the deck 4sho
                  I honestly think this will look similar to Hopkins-Pascal I, only more once sided with a possibly Hatton-like ending for Ortiz.

Comment

if the ortiz of the berto fight comes in, i can see him knocking floyd down.

ortiz has one punch power---look at maidana and berto

go ortiz!

Comment

Working...
                    X