How tight should boxing gloves be?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How tight should boxing gloves be?

First post here so be nice

I've recently got a pair of 14oz Lonsdale Pro Training gloves and with hand wraps they're super tight.

They're tight without hand wraps, but last night I put them on for a few minutes with wraps and I could feel my hands pulsing after only a few minutes. And that was just wearing them to try and break them in.

Is this too tight? I ride motorcycles so I know within a few weeks they'll soften up and probably be more comfortable, but to me they just seem way too tight. I've not had chance to use them at my boxing class yet.

Also, the site I got them from only lists different weights as sizes, which confuses me somewhat... Does this mean they're all the same size but different weights? A lot of other sites list S, M, L, XL etc.

Sorry for the long post, I'm new to boxing.

Sounds like you are wrapping your hands too tight to me.

Comment

It's definitely not that... If anything I've been wrapping my hands too loose over the last week or so.

Comment

How big are you.. do you have big hands? I bought lonsdale training gloves and they're too tight on the palm bit... sounds like the same gloves... they suck I guess...if you're just starting out the reebok gloves are comfy or 16 oz everlast sparring gloves...

Comment

http://www.lonsdaleuk.com/prod_image...386F6249EF.jpg

these are the gloves I had and they were way too tight on the palm.. is this the same ones?

Comment

as tight as a virgin pu$$y... :wank:

Comment

Yea Roye'l they'e the gloves. See if I can get a refund and maybe get some other ones, then.

Thanks for the help guys.

Comment

as tight as ur virgin anus??

Comment

Yes Yuricane.

And that's exactly how my anus is staying... so I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Comment

Working...
                  X