Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Ruiz-Joshua Rematch - Diriyah Arena Revealed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not pretty, but it'll get the job done. The fighters should be the main attraction anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
      They made a venue for Wilders next fight too.

Haha! You sir win the internet today

Comment

Originally posted by sapo13 View Post
        with all the places and major luxurious building dubai has, they fighting in this?

i dont like it, but i dont have to like it i guess. i wonder if they are gonna put big jumbo-tron T.V. or something. i figured dubai was going to go all out giving they have been trying to host a fight for so many years!!

who knows maybe they have bigger unseen plans!!
        I'd wager that they're thinking that they didn't have to make the arena too swanky, because the first heavyweight championship fight EVER in the Middle East is a pretty big promotional tool by itself. Then you have Joshua, who is without doubt the money man at heavyweight, bringing over tons of fans from the UK which will include UK Muslims as well. Jazzing the place up for people who are already going to turn out is just wasting money.

Comment

Just a random question. why the Middle East for this fight? I don’t think I quite understand why..

Comment

Originally posted by I.R.I.E View Post
            Just a random question. why the Middle East for this fight? I don’t think I quite understand why..
            ruiz wanted it in neutral territory. aj obliged as he probs gets paid more.

Comment

Originally posted by I.R.I.E View Post

Ruiz wanted a neutral venue.

Saudi Arabia put up the cash.

Boxing is a global sport so I've no issue with the fight location tbh, it's not all about UK and US.

Comment

That looks like one of those bamboos erections

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
                  That looks like one of those bamboos erections
                  Just like the ones Zaruko gets.

Comment

Ad hoc arenas are nothing new. A pier in Belfast, out door market parking lots. The question is, why here? The money, ok, but why here? A cheap, would crash down with 75 thousand spectators, arena? A paint a target on my ass place. It isn't about the gate if you don't count millionaires. I've seen Hollywood sets that looked better than this.

Comment

It’s really called Diarrhea arena?

I bet the fight will really stink now.

Comment

Working...
                      X