Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua: It's My Career, It's Not Determined By What People Want

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's be clear about two things:

(1) Eddie Hearn has never wanted AJ to fight Wilder because AJ is Eddie's golden goose. The longer Eddie can keep him away from Wilder, the greater AJ's expected earnings. AJ beating Wilder slightly increases his $ per-fight but AJ losing (especially if he gets laid out like Szpilka) KILLS his earning potential and $ per fight.

(2) Eddie is keeping his eyes on the prize: a contract for an undefeated AJ to fight an undefeated, washed up Tyson Fury with a rematch clause.

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
      T.B.E. has you so hurt that you TRYING to compare him to Aj….smh
      I’m a fan of Floyd dumb fawk try again

Comment

Disgusting arrogant self entitled paper champ. You fight the best if you want to be a champion. End of story

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
          Stop trying to throw shade at T.B.E.
          Relax, killer.

But if this doesn’t remind you of the Floyd vs Pac lead up then you’re crazy.

“....Rich coward.” is the equivalent of Joshua teling his fans to fight Wilder instead.

Chill with the TBE. We know Floyd wasn’t a coward. It’s not shade, it’s comparison.

Comment

“Let them train to be a fighter and fight Wilder,” Joshua told AP. “It’s easy talking about it. It’s another thing doing.”

So, who's ducking who again?

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
              “Let them train to be a fighter and fight Wilder,” Joshua told AP. “It’s easy talking about it. It’s another thing doing.”

So, who's ducking who again?

I dont think he’s ducking it’s just a guy who’s clearly frustrated that he doesn’t know how to articulate it. Wilder and Joshua arent afraid it’s just a sotuation where everyone is ******ed. The only one making sense is Hearn...and you have to try REALLY hard and put yourself in his position and be a douche.

It’s up there with some of the things Thurman has said and Floyd has said. We know they’re not ducking or afraid but it comes off real bad with the timing. I’ve given most guys the benefit of the doubt....except Victor Ortrees who flat out said he shouldnt be taking beatings and proceeded to have a prolific quitting career.

Comment

Originally posted by BreakingBox View Post
                This right here!!!

Joshua felt the right move for his career, at the moment, was the Povetkin contest.
                DAZN press conference following Joshua-Martin 2, April 2022:

Lance Pugmire: What's next for AJ? Any interest in facing Wilder?

Eddie Hearn: When Fres Oquendo beat Charr by technical disqualification for low blows, we knew the mandatory would eventually be due. AJ does not want to fight Oquendo, but the WBA is demanding the mandatory.

AJ, later that evening: Fast Fres Oquendo is the right move for my career.

Lou DiBella: (Detailed description of Fres Oquendo's swollen nuts.)

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfield02 View Post
                  Kinda is! If you want to be a hall of Famer it's determined by what writers and fans think. So ya you got to step it up and stop hiding behind Hearn.
                  Nothing about this guy is hall of fame material. That's a joke

Comment

that's a wilder promo, if i ever saw one. and no, that doesn't count as the "transcript".

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
                      I dont think he’s ducking it’s just a guy who’s clearly frustrated that he doesn’t know how to articulate it. Wilder and Joshua arent afraid it’s just a sotuation where everyone is ******ed. The only one making sense is Hearn...and you have to try REALLY hard and put yourself in his position and be a douche.

It’s up there with some of the things Thurman has said and Floyd has said. We know they’re not ducking or afraid but it comes off real bad with the timing. I’ve given most guys the benefit of the doubt....except Victor Ortrees who flat out said he shouldnt be taking beatings and proceeded to have a prolific quitting career.
                      He literally confirmed he's ducking

Comment

Working...
                      X