Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Didn't Linares hold the WBC Diamond belt? should Loma get a shot at the WBC title?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Didn't Linares hold the WBC Diamond belt? should Loma get a shot at the WBC title?

Correct me if I'm wrong...but I think that Linares held the WBC Diamond or Interim belt before fighting Loma. And it guaranteed him a shot at Mikey or the Title if it became vacant or something?

Well since Lomachenko beat Linares that got passed on to him right? So does he have the right to fight for the WBC title now? I think so, if what I'm stating is the truth. Don't be surprised if the WBC orders Campbell vs Lomachenko if Loma still has that interim belt.

I heard Hearn is already protesting against it and wants Haney vs Campbell for the vacant title? Also Zaur Abdullaev wants the WBC shot but he is not available until September I heard. So does anyone know more about this whole situation? Will Loma get a shot at the WBC title since he has that Diamond belt?

Strange...

Boxrec doesn't mention the WBC Diamond belt being on the line for Loma vs Linares. But it was on the line the previous fights vs Gesta and Campbell

Comment

Linares vacated it. The whole point of him having that belt was to force the Mikey Garcia fight but Garcia refused to fight him.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
        Linares vacated it. The whole point of him having that belt was to force the Mikey Garcia fight but Garcia refused to fight him.
        Garcia and Linares agreed to fight, but then Linares decided to fight Lomachenko instead.

Comment

Why did Linares vacate it? He was just defending his title. It wasn't a unification...

Or did the WBC force Linares to vacate because they didn't want Loma vs Mikey?

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
            Garcia and Linares agreed to fight, but then Linares decided to fight Lomachenko instead.
            That isn't true. Golden Boy made Garcia an offer to fight Linares in October 2017 but he turned it down to fight Lipinets instead. Mikey in his own words said, "I have more options, the guaranteed purse for the Lipinets fight is better". It had nothing to do with a Lomachenko fight. Loma wasn't even at 135 in October 2017.

Comment

That isn't true. Golden Boy made Garcia an offer to fight Linares in October 2017 but he turned it down to fight Lipinets instead. Mikey in his own words said, "I have more options, the guaranteed purse for the Lipinets fight is better". It had nothing to do with a Lomachenko fight. Loma wasn't even at 135 in October 2017.
              Garcia was complaining when Linares signed to fight Lomachenko because Linares had already agreed to fight Garcia before signing the Lomachenko fight.

Comment

When has a "Diamond Belt" ever been considered an official title? What exactly would being WBC "Interim" Champion mean then?

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                  Garcia was complaining when Linares signed to fight Lomachenko because Linares had already agreed to fight Garcia before signing the Lomachenko fight.
                  When did that happen?? Garcia is the one who didn't agree to the fight. He had a contract to fight Linares and wouldn't sign it.

Comment

... then is very likely that WBC stripped Linares...

Comment

Working...
                    X