Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If DLH-Mayweather Does over 1.4 Million Buys...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the reason it's getting so much attention is because so many fans like Oscar and then they find out he is fighting the number one guy in the sport so they wanna get it. So I think that Floyd has a lot to do with it.

Comment

There are five things driving the good sales of this fight. This is them in order:

1). Oscar De La Hoya.
      2). Good publicity of the fight from both sides.
      3). Floyd Maywhether.
      4). The intrigue of a potentially close contest.
      5). The people who want to see Maywhether get his mouth shut.

Comment

Originally posted by $iN View Post
        What does that say for Mayweather as a PPV draw?
        Not much. Those are Oscar's numbers.

Then he should have picked your garbageman over Mosley, since that did less than 600k...
        Not to sound like a hater, but has Mayweather ever reached 600k buys? Serious question not just a rhetorical question.

Because we're all takin' about that being a small number, I don't think Floyd's ever gotten that much.

Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
          I wonder if HBO will 'up the ante' on this one from 49.95 to maybe 54.95? Has anyone ordered it yet?
          I don't think you can yet. I checked and the fight available for PPV right now is Barrera-Marquez.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Jesus View Post
            thats ridiculous, if that was the case, hed fight B level fighters like Campas (2003) the rest of his career. i think your anti floyd bias is really hitting a severe low with your recent posting activity.

You have to take into account floyd brings in at least 400,000 of these buys based on his last PPV's coupled with major advertising on major black oriented tv/networks/hbo. dont just say floyd does nothing, for black people, hes a huge star with appearences in all kinds of black magazines like ebony/jet/essensce. Hes not some ****in nobody and he does have an extensive community behind him to a great extent.
            Did you ever think there might be a sense of irony in my recent FLOYD Related postings???????

Comment

Originally posted by Welter_Skelter View Post
              Did you ever think there might be a sense of irony in my recent FLOYD Related postings???????
              i cant read that on a computer screen.

Comment

Originally posted by kingroy View Post
                Floyd Is The Reason There Is Doubt This Fight Will Make 1.4+ Million Ppv Buys, Sad But The P4p 1 Doesnt Draw ****.

Oscar + The Hype That Odlh Is Fighting The Best Fighter P4p Is The Reason This Fight Will Sell, But People Could Care Less Who Floyd Is
                When DLH fought Hopkins, Hopkins was considered #1 P4P also. If all people gave a **** about was DLH fighting the top dog in the sport, then that fight should have gotten more buys, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Piggu View Post
                  Not to sound like a hater, but has Mayweather ever reached 600k buys? Serious question not just a rhetorical question.

Because we're all takin' about that being a small number, I don't think Floyd's ever gotten that much.

Correct me if I'm wrong though.
                  You're right, but doing over 300k buys with Carlos Baldomir has to mean something. I mean, that's about as much as Oscar did with Campas. Floyd has never had a PPV opponent the level of Trinidad, Hopkins, Vargas, etc...

Comment

If it surpasses 1.4 million, it's because Oscar is fighting Floyd, not because Floyd is fighting Oscar.

Comment

You're right, but doing over 300k buys with Carlos Baldomir has to mean something. I mean, that's about as much as Oscar did with Campas. Floyd has never had a PPV opponent the level of Trinidad, Hopkins, Vargas, etc...
                      True, True. Everything else in this post is right as well, you made some good points.

Comment

Working...
                      X