No announcement yet.

advice needed on training

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice needed on training

OK so i haven;t seen the doc yet for my knee but i feel good and i still intend on sein a doc but i want to work on my cardio i feel like a lame hourse not doin anything.

i want to know your cardo work outs top to bottom so i can take that and derive my own.

thank you.

Ben

well ben, i would do a little of everything.

1) jump rope, very much needed and is good for endurance.
    2) swimming, there is no other cardio that works you like swimming. it is a known fact.
    3) running, build up your speed and distance. it is good for a normal cardio workout. it is very good to get repetetive and build/ use good breathing techniques.
    4) roll/ fight/ spar, this is very good too.just messing around, going light with a partner. Working submissions only and grappling is very good for a cardio workout. Work subs, and go light. it is not a fight so you can also work on perfecting moves and teqhniques.

just a few i would try bro

Comment

What me and a friend did when i was working on getting in fighting shape was, I would have him stand at the top of a hill or stairs, depending on where we were, I would run up the hill as fast as i possibly could right into him and then grapple for a couple minutes, then I would run back down and up the hill and repeated, I would do this til exhaustion.

Comment

I jump rope- 12- 3 min rounds 40 sec break or i do 3 10 min rounds with one min break

I jog but i hate it

I ride and eliptical machine at the gym

I wish i could swim somewhere.

Heavey bag 12-3 min rounds 45 sec break

Double end bag- 6-3 min rounds 45 sec break

Comment

i'm thinkin a double end bag is a really long bag. mabye down south we got different name?

Comment

As far as i know it is a head sized ball that hangs from the ceiling from a rope and it has a bungee chord that goes to the floor.

Comment

Vulgar you are thinking of a Thai bag. Get the Bas Rutten MMA audio tapes and get a bag. then train. thats all you need

Comment

Working...
              X