Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather should retire now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After his epic KO win over pacquaio what else does he have to prove ?

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
      nothing at all. but that doesnt mean he could just be pulling the wool over our eyes, him or 50. and nevertheless, who cares how much money he wins or loses?

if i had an opinion, I would say, yea he's gonna be broke when he retires, but thats an opinion, and I dont try and pass it off as fact like some do. but again, who gives a flying fuck?! aint our money...
      So your saying a guy who's whole image is based on him living the rich life wants to perpetuate the perception that he's broke? OK.
      This thread isn't really about his money, its about whether he should keep fighting. If he can't hold on to what he's got he has no choice but to keep going, even if it means taking an L.
      My opinion is that he tried to retire after having a hell of a year in 2007 but he couldn't control his finances. There were rumors that ODL gave him a personal loan to help him catch up on his taxes in return for him coming back in 2009.
      If he fights Guerrero then its just a money grab like the Ortiz fight, but if the Canelo rumors on this board are true then Floyd deserves props for taking on a young gun this late in his career.

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
        After his epic KO win over pacquaio what else does he have to prove ?
        i think you are thinking about marquez

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
          So your saying a guy who's whole image is based on him living the rich life wants to perpetuate the perception that he's broke? OK.
          This thread isn't really about his money, its about whether he should keep fighting. If he can't hold on to what he's got he has no choice but to keep going, even if it means taking an L.
          My opinion is that he tried to retire after having a hell of a year in 2007 but he couldn't control his finances. There were rumors that ODL gave him a personal loan to help him catch up on his taxes in return for him coming back in 2009.
          If he fights Guerrero then its just a money grab like the Ortiz fight, but if the Canelo rumors on this board are true then Floyd deserves props for taking on a young gun this late in his career.
          yea you're right that was stupid by me. I jus dont see how someone can blow thru money like that, but then again, it is money may, so I guess I am wrong in that point. in any case, I dont care if floyd is broke or not broke. I want him to fight 2-3 more times and be out if he so chooses to.

Comment

Originally posted by killamoneymike View Post
            I can garuntee he doesn't agree to fight any of those fighters. Especially not Trout. Mayweather doesn't want to lose. We all know this.
            Floyd is supposed to be one of the best boxers in the world so how can he not fight these guys.

SSM fought Canelo, Cotto fought Trout, Barker and Maklin and Chavez fought Sergio, and these guys SMM, Cotto, Trout/Barker/Maklin arent supposed to be as good as Floyd.

So are we saying these guys are braver than Floyd and have fought better opposition than Floyd.?
            Dont look good for floyd no matter how you look at it.

Comment

I kinda agree there's really no more "super fights" out there for him just guys that he's suppose to beat and if he lose it would look bad but Floyd gonna want that money and he still got a lil left in the tank

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                nah, I want to see Canelito brutally beat him. I want Floyd caught in between the ropes. I want to see the fear in his eyes while Canelito finishes off his career in a show of supremacy. I want Canelito to pose over his limp unconscious body.

So I can log on and laugh.

You're ruthless Maniac. Sign me up.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                  Floyd is supposed to be one of the best boxers in the world so how can he not fight these guys.

SSM fought Canelo, Cotto fought Trout, Barker and Maklin and Chavez fought Sergio, and these guys SMM, Cotto, Trout/Barker/Maklin arent supposed to be as good as Floyd.

So are we saying these guys are braver than Floyd and have fought better opposition than Floyd.?

Dont look good for floyd no matter how you look at it.
                  dude seriously how fucking dumb are you?! you want floyd to fight middleweights and junior middleweights exclusively now? or would it only satisfy you if floyd fights andre ward. you are so fuckin stupid, and are so mad at how good floyd actually is, you have completely lost your way as to how to hate properly. just retire and go back to the group discussions at the institution, you twat clown

Comment

Hes still undefeated. Reflexes are probably slowing down opposed to getting faster. Pacquaio fight makes no sense now. Canelo and Guerrero IMO can give him problems. If Broner moves up in weight he'd give Mayweather problems. What more does PBF have to prove at this point? We all know hes #1 p4p. Hes just gonna lose his chin if he keeps fighting he should quit while hes still ahead. Take a page out of Marciano's book.

This is all in my opinion anyway I realize though I might get flamed.
                    Since the move to Welter and the Castillo beating Floyd has received a Doctrote in Cherry picking form Duckmaster University. His opponents with names have all been has beens from Delahoya, Cotto and Steroid free Mosley and if he had been on the Juice that fight ends in round 2. Than You have all the smaller guys who had to move up in weight Marquez Midget man Hatton and Hit me when I'm not ready Ortiz. The next little guy on the list will be former 122 Pound Champ Ghost Guerrerro cause the list of has beens is absolte at Welter weight unless Sugar Ray Leonard excepts a match

Comment

Hes still undefeated. Reflexes are probably slowing down opposed to getting faster. Pacquaio fight makes no sense now. Canelo and Guerrero IMO can give him problems. If Broner moves up in weight he'd give Mayweather problems. What more does PBF have to prove at this point? We all know hes #1 p4p. Hes just gonna lose his chin if he keeps fighting he should quit while hes still ahead. Take a page out of Marciano's book.

This is all in my opinion anyway I realize though I might get flamed.
                      I agree but Mayweather, like 50 Cent said, has nothing but boxing as income. He's on a fight/spend the money/fight cycle and he can't get out. The money is too good, he likes the spotlight and can't really live otherwise.
                      Like all greats he will lose. The difference between a Mayweather and a Marciano is people actually wanting Mayweather to lose and records. Mayweather has an hell of a record. How many of those fights were championship fights again? Nearly all. So it's all good. Whatever happens happens. You can't save him now nor anyone can. It's just how it goes.

Comment

Working...
                      X