No announcement yet.

Donaire would UTTERLY OUTCLASS & possibly OBLITERATE Rigondeaux

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
    I dont think he has a chance at all to be honest.

Both are great boxers with a slight edge to Rigo's more fundamentally sound style. Athleticism is a slight edge to Donaire. Size is a big advantage to Donaire who is 5'6-5'7 68 inch reach compared to Rigo's 5'4-5'5 frame with 66 inch reach. Chin is clearly advantage to Donaire who has faced big puncher Darchinyan and took his shots very well as oppose to Rigo who was stunned/hurt a couple of times vs Marroquin. Speed is about even. Experience clearly goes to Donaire. Amateur is not the same as professional. Rigo has not faced the same caliber of opponents as Donaire has.

Another big factor is age. Rigo is 32. Considering he is cuban he might be closer to 35. Donaire is only 29 and in the middle of his prime. Donaire's best punch is the counter left hook. Rigo got hurt/stunned a couple times by Marroquin's left hook.

I just dont see how Rigo is going to beat donaire.

I find it truly laughable that a Top 5 p4p fighter, 4 division champion, with KO of the years vs two other top 10 p4p fighters, would be afraid of a 11 win fighter whose best name on his resume is Marroquin and Cordoba.

Its Rigondeaux who has to prove himself to be worthy to step in the ring with Donaire not the other way around.
    i could be a smart azz and say..." Rigo is an undefeated fighter, with 11 fights under his belt. With a record like that who needs to prove anything with that amazing resume!
    But i wont. Hopefully i did indirectly! I agree with this thread though! As a pro in the big boy league Rigo has done shlt. Nothing to deserve a shot at a top P4P champion! He will need to fight a whole lot of bums with bullshlt titles to get a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
      You mean like all the Bums Donaire just fought instead of Rigo?
      donaire's comp at 122 has consistently been top 10 unlike rigo..i hope donaire fights rigo next so he can shatter rigo's jaw.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
        Ill just keep owning you and the rest of Donaire fans with the same argument as you contradict yourself along with your idol.

Answer this, what has Mathebula and Vazquez done to prove themselves? Where was Mathebula's fanbase? His only fan at his fight was his tribe's chief.
        you down own ****. judging by your location you clearly cant be objective in this discussion.

mathebula has fought celestino caballero and he owned a belt. who has rigo faced as good as caballero?

Comment

Lets be honest.. Donaire sees him as a huge threat and isn't keen to fight him

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
            against a guy not even ranked top ten and a young prospect who had no business fighting for a title... lol
            What's Vazquez Jr's best win???? I'll wait.....

It needs to happen. Nishioka was a good win for Donaire, though Nishioka looked like dog s**t. Still a good win for Donaire.

What's funny is the people hating Floyd when he clearly beats someone that fans wanted him to fight, are now b*tching about the EXACT SAME THING happening to Donaire. The people claiming Floyd avoided Margarito are the same people saying excusing Donaire for saying he's not excited enough to fight Rigondeaux.

It's a double standard. Good win for Donaire. He needs to fight Mares/Moreno and/or Rigondeaux before leaving 122. Sorry but it's the truth.

Comment

lol wut? they are practically identical in height. the power is about even. people forget darchinyan is a huge puncher.

i think rigo struggles with darchinyan's ugly style.

rigo v darchinyan might be the ugliest fight in all of boxing.
              You are an idiot. You are trying to claim that Darchinyan at 112 hits harder than the heavy handed Rigondeaux at 122... Do you understand that?

You are claiming that Darchinyan... who didn't even carry his power up to 118 hits harder than Rigo... Who drops guys much bigger than him with one shot.

I mean... you are comparing these two guys...

Comment

can we please see rigo with a gatekeeper or even a contender first before trying to put him in with a top 5 fighter?

can we do that at least?

is that so unreasonable?

Comment

lol wut? they are practically identical in height. the power is about even. people forget darchinyan is a huge puncher.

i think rigo struggles with darchinyan's ugly style.

rigo v darchinyan might be the ugliest fight in all of boxing.
                  Rigondeaux at 122 and Darchinyan at 122 are about even in power??? And you Red K'd me saying I'm stupid. God help us.....

Comment

you down own ****. judging by your location you clearly cant be objective in this discussion.

mathebula has fought celestino caballero and he owned a belt. who has rigo faced as good as caballero?
                    HE LOST TO CABALLERO! Holy ****... I didn't think the distortion of truth could get any worse, but it just did.

You just tried to pass it of like he beat Caballero. I honestly haven't heard of ANYONE that Mathebula fought besides Caballero, who he lost too.

Comment

Originally posted by damit305 View Post
                      But Donaire is not excited enough...

+

=

Comment

Working...
                      X