No announcement yet.

Working on the inside need help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working on the inside need help

im a taller boxer for my weight at 57kg i use my jab alot but i recently boxed an inclose boxer and i could not keep him off me and im not confident in working on the inside so i was just wondering does anyone know anything or a way to help me get better on the inside.

The best punches on the inside i can throw is the right hook and uppercut, but still not very well.

Any ideas?

well im a pretty small boxer at 5' 7" so when i spar someone taller, what pisses me off is if they really have good defense. most tall fighters got long arms so they can cover most of their torso and still manage to protect their face without squatting much like myself to do the same. also they use uppercuts a lot, it throws me off my game and to the point where i try not to get in as much and actually pick my shots. i end up getting angles on them to really get in and do any damage, more work for me, so more energy consumption.

i guess use upper cuts, keep tight defense, and beat them on their pivots to get angles on you.

Comment

Try to tee off with a jab or tie them up. On the inside you need to move your head from side to side and block. It is same defence as if they were your height except you do not roll too much which would obviously be awkward. Try to tee off with a jab and use your range first, but if they do get through again hammer them with shots while they do. Perfect opportunity for countering!

Comment

Thanks for the help will try some of them when i spar, keep posting people if you got any tips im not on much but when i am i will read all posts.

Comment

When they get inside, get really close to them, so close that they cant throw effective shots, then pivot quickly to either side and throw a cross (left or right). That annoys me when taller fighter do that to me.

Comment

Working...
          X