Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gervonta Davis....Mike Tyson of the Feathers...how high can he go?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BM dnobagaV View Post
    He is black, not white, therefore, as a white person, I must dislike him.
    but those **** doe......................

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
      I'd say 140 is likely as far as he can carry that power up. Remember, it's not just about taking your power up with you, it's also about taking punches from bigger, more powerful hitters too.

Right now, he doesn't seem at all interested in the bigger names in his weight class. Doesn't feel Loma is significant, haven't heard him mention Berchelt, Linares, Garcia. Not even Russell Jr. or Rigo. I think he can blast through Corrales real easy, but tough to say where he goes from here if he's going to hide behind Uncle Floyd and follow his career path. Maybe wait for Loma to slow down in 5 years?
      How bout that gate keeper Broner....I hear he is there for the taking.....

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        I think his legit tip top guy ceiling is 140, but I could see him winning a belt at 147 cuz basically anyone who's a top ten guy in a division can lift a belt for a minute nowadays. I just don't know that I could see him being the #1 guy at 147. But sh^t who knows he has the power so if he can keep that power up to 147 like Manny than he could certainly compete for the top spot there to. I just don't feel very secure saying that based on what I've seen so far + assuming his power moves up 17lbs with him.

Comment

Extremely talented, no doubt about it and he's very young at world level compared to most so he has more time to build than most of the other guys. That being said he's always going to be around Lomas weight, who I think will always be a level above and the more Davis develops and proves himself just means more people who know boxing will be putting pressure on them to fight, so I doubt he's the future of boxing like Floyd liked to claim, but he has to say it, he's promoting the guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacey1991 View Post
            Extremely talented, no doubt about it and he's very young at world level compared to most so he has more time to build than most of the other guys. That being said he's always going to be around Lomas weight, who I think will always be a level above and the more Davis develops and proves himself just means more people who know boxing will be putting pressure on them to fight, so I doubt he's the future of boxing like Floyd liked to claim, but he has to say it, he's promoting the guy.
            I think it all depends how much weight he can put on and still perform....if can get to be a full fledged Welter...he might have a chance to take over........but def not if he sticks around the 130's

Comment

Yeah I like him
              Potentially a P4P'er in the near future

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-O Suave View Post
                Im all in on lil o'l Tank Davis....dude got mad power at 130...but can he carry that over to 135? or even a full fledged Welter ala Manny P??? what is the ceiling for this young lion?

wachugot???

ok............

GO!
                IMO once he starts to move up in weight. He'll be another Broner in terms of power. His punches wont have the same affect on bigger guys. Plus at this time who has he really fought to say he's this big thing.

At least when Manny was at the lower weights he had all the big names at the weight (fighters who were hall of famers) on his resume before he moved up.

At this point Tank has fought absolutely no one.

Comment

One of my favorite fighters!

His ceiling is 140 providing he can take a punch very well cuz I believe his power and speed plus athleticism will stay around!

He already hits above the average 130 power punch so I say he can be a 3 division champ, unified champion, KO of the year candidate or even win Fighter of the year!

Only 22 and has it all but experience which he'll gain by facing different styles and facing adversity!

Hopefully Floyd will have him fight Salido or Walters next!

Comment

Originally posted by Spacey1991 View Post
                    That's what you THINK.

Comment

Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
                      IMO once he starts to move up in weight. He'll be another Broner in terms of power. His punches wont have the same affect on bigger guys. Plus at this time who has he really fought to say he's this big thing.

At least when Manny was at the lower weights he had all the big names at the weight (fighters who were hall of famers) on his resume before he moved up.

At this point Tank has fought absolutely no one.
                      Look at him ya'll

Shook already.

Comment

Working...
                      X