No announcement yet.

People thought ggg could actually compete with Ward, my god

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    Ward doesn't throw the right hand like he used to before the shoulder surgery but for that poster so say Ward has been a one handed puncher the majority of his career is absurd.

As far as adjustments I heard a fighter say fighting Ward is just as tiring mentally as it is physically because you have to constantly think every minute of every round.
    Great post

Indeed, he does not throw the right as often because of the shoulder. Maybe that led to confusion on the original response.

Comment

Ward's right hand in its prime (pre-surgery), like I said, slaps with it.

Flares his elbows at every opportunity, weak punch that easily deflects at the elbow, honestly hurts my elbow just to look at. His right hand has always been mainly to set up the left, what's Ward's top combinations? 1-2-1.

Comment

If GGG is so overrated and not really all that good, why do you guys need someone from 2 divisions higher to beat him?

Comment

The irony and contradictions keep coming in this forum. So first, Golovkin is overrated, lacks power, has an overrated chin, doesn't deserve to share a ring with skilled boxers like Canelo Alvarez and Floyd Mayweather Jr.

On the other hand, some of the same individuals have to keep mentioning Andre Ward's name as a potential opponent for this horrific boxer that is Golovkin with these horrifically aforementioned attributes. Those two actions together are contradictory. If Golovkin was so bad as claimed, then why is there any need to mention Andre Ward as a potential opponent for Golovkin?

Anyway, let the fight happen in a neutral arena / venue like Britain, Germany, France or Australia and then we'll really get to see how much Golovkin could compete with Ward and vice versa.

Comment

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
            Threw that right hand hard enough to make kovalev do the Russian shuffle
            LMAO this sh!+ got me in tears lol, the Russian shuffle though!

Comment

I see it the same way. The version of Golovkin that showed up against Canelo would have been knocked out by Andre Ward. Unlike Ginger, SOG isn't hard to find. Dre would have walked him down and backed him up all night while roughing him up in the process before eventually stopping him.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                I see it the same way. The version of Golovkin that showed up against Canelo would have been knocked out by Andre Ward. Unlike Ginger, SOG isn't hard to find. Dre would have walked him down and backed him up all night while roughing him up in the process before eventually stopping him.
                Yes, because Andre Ward has already knocked out opponents with much better punch resistance, chin, power and skills like Alexander Brand, Edwin Rodriguez, Edison Miranda and etc. Right? Oh wait I forgot, he didn't.

So no, Ward is even less likely to KO Golovkin than Alexander Brand and a bunch of other journeymen he failed to KO. Golovkin will be the toughest opponent with the best punch resistance Ward would've ever faced in his career.

Comment

A prime Ward vs. a prime Golovkin would have been a great fight, I would favor Ward but not because he is better but because a great big man vs. a great little man generally ends up with the great big man winning. No matter what you think about GGG, he is 35 year old pressure fighter, his style is better suited for late 20s, early 30s. its all downhill after that, no matter who you are. Unless you guys can name any other pressure fighters who hit their prime in their mid 30s... and maintained their pressure fighting style

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                    You refuse to see the big picture so be it...stay salty stay stupid makes no difference to me.
                    If you're going to tap out with a stupid post like that, you needed not even quote me and waste my time reading it. Seriously, if you can't come up with any better content than "stay salty stay stupid" youre not worth the time of day

Comment

Originally posted by Ganstaz003 View Post
                      Yes, because Andre Ward has already knocked out opponents with much better punch resistance, chin, power and skills like Alexander Brand, Edwin Rodriguez, Edison Miranda and etc. Right? Oh wait I forgot, he didn't.

So no, Ward is even less likely to KO Golovkin than Alexander Brand and a bunch of other journeymen he failed to KO. Golovkin will be the toughest opponent with the best punch resistance Ward would've ever faced in his career.

Who exactly has ggg KO'd or taken punches from you think are on Brand, Miranda or Rodriguez's level?

Canelo couldn't crack an egg at 154 or even JCC's chin even though Fonfara stopped him, Lemieux's power got walked through by Alcine/Rubio at 154, Jacobs' power got walked through and blasted out in 5 by Pirog, dropped by Mora.

Miranda has only been stopped by Abraham, Pavlik, Bellew, and Bute, huge punchers, he's even gone a full 12 at cruiser with Dorticos (90% KO ratio), his beard and power are just as good as Jacobs if not better, he'd NEVER get dropped by Mora that's for sure.

Brand has never been stopped, went toe to toe with Degale.

Rodriguez took flush power shots from a big punching LHW to stop.

Ward has fought several fighters with more or just as much power and better punch resistance than ggg. Froch, Abraham, Kessler, Kovalev, Barrera, etc.

You think Canelo or Jacobs could take flush shots from those punchers listed? **** no, or even hurt them for that matter? ggg couldn't even hurt a blown up jmw, he doesn't have the power to bother Ward.
                      Last edited by Cutthroat; 09-19-2017, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X