Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wasn't the general consensus here for Cotto to vacate his MW title?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wasn't the general consensus here for Cotto to vacate his MW title?

He was labeled a fake MW and accused of holding the belt hostage so people were clamoring for him to just vacate the title. Now that he has, he's a duck?

For the people who call him a duck, what do you think would happen if he did fight GGG (assuming he beats Canelo)? He'd probably get slaughtered, right?

Why the hell would you want to watch GGG fight an over the hill, past his prime fighter who's MUCH smaller than he is? And why would Cotto just offer himself as a sacrificial lamb to the slaughter? The guy is at the end of his career and has been through many wars. The only possible outcome I can see for a fight against GGG is a KO loss, and he'll suffer lots of punishment in the process. You think he's gonna fight a monster like GGG just to appease some delusional keyboard warriors?

Seems like you just can't win on NSB. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. He drops his title like people demanded here, now he's a coward.

I guess the only solution to appease everyone was for him to just walk into the lion's den and take an ass whooping from a much larger man.

Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
    He was labeled a fake MW and accused of holding the belt hostage so people were clamoring for him to just vacate the title. Now that he has, he's a duck?

For the people who call him a duck, what do you think would happen if he did fight GGG (assuming he beats Canelo)? He'd probably get slaughtered, right?

Why the hell would you want to watch GGG fight an over the hill, past his prime fighter who's MUCH smaller than he is? And why would Cotto just offer himself as a sacrificial lamb to the slaughter? The guy is at the end of his career and has been through many wars. The only possible outcome I can see for a fight against GGG is a KO loss, and he'll suffer lots of punishment in the process. You think he's gonna fight a monster like GGG just to appease some delusional keyboard warriors?

Seems like you just can't win on NSB. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. He drops his title like people demanded here, now he's a coward.

I guess the only solution to appease everyone was for him to just walk into the lion's den and take an ass whooping from a much larger man.
    Good point. We all know if Cotto fought GGG he would probably put up a decent fight but lose regardless. It's common sense, GGG is a true MW, a big one at that. Cotto is stretching his limits at JMW so imagine a legit young MW.

People did want him to vacate, he has now their pissed. But it comes to show you for some reason people just want to see Cotto lose, they don't care about a legit competitive fight. It's the truth, as a Cotto fan myself I just didn't see him over coming GGGs size and power at MW, even if he did have more skill or experience. He isn't Floyd who has superior boxing IQ. But yep that's NSB for you.

Comment

You're dealing with women on this site. That, and a bunch of fat ****s who haven't seen their balls in years. Believe me, there will always be an excuse to b*tch.

Comment

I don't know if people are pissed...its just annoying behavior.

Cotto is acting like he is taking some kind of righteous stand against the greed of sanctioning bodies, which would be cool....But he's not. He is simply ego-hurt that the WBC wouldn't negotiate a lower fee with him at the last minute, or he just wants to get rid of the whole GGG mandatory thing because he knows he will never face him...its probably a little bit of both.

It's also extra annoying that Cotto is claiming the WBC wants 1.1Million from him.. the $800,000 step aside fee goes to Golovkin, not the WBC. That was Cotto's decision to pay him to step aside.

Comment

This thread is 100% Correct....All of the lil g ball washers, were saying he should drop the belt, then he drops the belt and their still crazy. Supposed "boxing fans" wont support Free boxing, but cry about having to pay $ for ppv
          s. Boxing is about to go into the time between Ali-Tyson when people hardly paid attention to boxing, because of the stupid fan base it now has

Comment

To top that off.....

Lil'g STILL wants a Cotto fight

Comment

Originally posted by PK3434 View Post
              I don't know if people are pissed...its just annoying behavior.

Cotto is acting like he is taking some kind of righteous stand against the greed of sanctioning bodies, which would be cool....But he's not. He is simply ego-hurt that the WBC wouldn't negotiate a lower fee with him at the last minute, or he just wants to get rid of the whole GGG mandatory thing because he knows he will never face him...its probably a little bit of both.

It's also extra annoying that Cotto is claiming the WBC wants 1.1Million from him.. the $800,000 step aside fee goes to Golovkin, not the WBC. That was Cotto's decision to pay him to step aside.
              Couldn't have said it better myself!

Comment

I think the general consensus is we want Cotto to fight Golovkin, because he's been parading that belt for a while, and Golovkin earned his shot to fight for it, more than everybody else.

When you wear the title, you have to give the best contender a chance to take it. That's the rule. If it's yours you prove it's yours.

Comment

Originally posted by -DEfiance View Post
                  I think the general consensus is we want Cotto to fight Golovkin, because he's been parading that belt for a while, and Golovkin earned his shot to fight for it, more than everybody else.

When you wear the title, you have to give the best contender a chance to take it. That's the rule. If it's yours you prove it's yours.
                  Yeah, shame on us for wanting to see the best fight in the division.

Comment

The biggest problem would be the idiots claiming Cotto is still the champion of the division because he has the lineal title which is obsolete.

Comment

Working...
                    X