HORUS PRESENTS: “It is twice as hard to crush a HALF-TRUTH as a whole lie”

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
    Hey Horus
    can you give me the cliff notes cause I dont really feel like reading all that
    It is really not that long of a read, it is actually shorter then alot of my other threads.

Comment

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
      Yes opinions are fact! It's a fact "I" think Floyd is a cherry picking idiot my racist friend. I'm not lying when I say I feel that way. Like i said if I was lying that would mean I secretly love the guy.

A person can't lie about there point of view, but that doesn't mean that everyone agrees with me which is their opinion.
      I see the point you are making, however my question to you is, do you believe Floyd Mayweather is a P.O.S should be consider a statement of fact for everybody. Or a statement of fact that only you believe Mayweather is a P.O.S??

Comment

It takes one minute to the read the original post. Not too hard.

I miss the radio show.

Comment

Originally posted by Horus View Post
          Half Truths.

Today I want to present to you an argument that is based around a BIG problem we have in boxing today. This is the telling of Half Truths.
          Like the old saying goes,

“It is twice as hard to crush a half-truth as a whole lie”

This is why fighters like Floyd Mayweather Jr, and Roy Jones will never get the credit that they deserve.

What credit do you think they deserve?.

It has become ever so apparent to me that the lines have been draw in the sand when it comes to Floyd Mayweather Jr . We have 1 side standing on each of the line in the sand and they argue; Floyd Mayweather Jr is a coward and he has strategically ducked opponents like Margarito, Cotto, Williams, Tszyu, Stevie Johnson, Paul Spadafora, Joel Casamayor, Acelino Freitas, and forgive me forgetting to add every other boxer name to that list. Or he has been willing to fight any of these fighters but the price, time, or situation with the people involved wasn’t right.

Somewhere in the middle of these 2 sides is the truth. But for now all we have are conspiracy theories based on half truths. Which is damn near impossible to dispute. Because the problem with conspiracy theories when they are based on half truths, are they are half true. So when we have people arguing a point of view based on a conspiracy theory, which is ultimately based on a half truth.

What we have are people mixing their own person opinion, and bias with a little bit of fantasy and a little bit of facts.
          I am a firm believer that telling the half truth is damn near telling a whole lie.
          When someone tells you something that is true, but leaves out important information that should be included, he can create a false impression.
          Half-truths are not technically lies, but they are just as dishonest

I sense dishonesty on the above opinion

This is the problem Floyd Mayweather Jr faces with his critic’s. They used half truths to justify whole arguments. Furthermore, the arguments usually include a little bit exaggeration, fantasy, and half truths. When you combined all those things into one argument, article, or report. You now have a hell of an STORYLINE to dispute if everything they said could be somehow link to a fact.

You guys might ask well how did this happen to a fighter like Floyd Mayweather Jr, and other people in his position

I would argue the lack of integrity by the anybody can write an article boxing media. Fueled by the contempt that alot of these writers in the media had and have for the Mayweathers.

As a result to this day we have ignorant boxing fans repeating lies they heard and read their favorite writer write on their bias websites. Thus creating atmosphere of unwarranted hate, based on in large part jealousy and half truths.

This is rampant and almost every fight fans from Ato Z does this and so do you/we and if you were born yesterday you would not know about it!
          Do not elevate yourself as the who who did nothing wrong!!

Jealousy of one man's success compared to their own, or compared to their favorite fighters. So the response alot of these writers take and took was destroying the or withholding all of the facts in order to affect the reality.
          As a result, by in large they succeeded. They flooded the market with the same lines over and over again without any reguard for facts, because their purpose was to destroy one fighter’s reputation and legacy while hoping to enhance and build another fighters name.

IMO, Looking how history played out I believe the full truth about Mayweather will come out some day, but until then we live in this era of boxing of half truths, and therefore we will suffer to really to appreciate the fighters we have today.

Welcome to reality.........

HORUS
          GETURFACTSSTRAIGHT WEBCAST
          Hosted by: HORUS
          Wednesdays: 11pm eastern, 9pm Central Time, 7pm Pacific
          Phone Number: (724) 444-7444
          Call ID: 72140 http://www.talkshoe.com/tc/72140

GETURFACTSTV
          http://www.youtube.com/user/GETURFACTSTV
          HORUS on Bleacher report
          http://bleacherreport.com/users/219229-horus-lives
          HORUS Facebook:
          http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/p...00000555462366

And that is all I can say about that........for now!

Comment

So if Opinions can never be lies
            Does that mean all opinions are true and therefore facts in your opinion???

I mean you are either telling the truth or you are not.
            Someone can always change their opinion, but they can never change the facts.

this disscusion is about to be interesting I can already tell.
            So why are you twisting some facts and forcing your opinion with half truth and whole lies here?

You're very well known with your prejudiced views by normal people here only dimwits completely agrees with you without even knowing what they were agreeing.

That one i can't give credit to you either as those guys have been staying too long in the basement the'yre afraid to come out and face the realities outside of their holes they'd rather nuthug on the net and live in it and would create a persona based on their avatar on an online game.

Surely, you know that yourself as you've been acting like that eversince you been here.

Comment

the one thing i give Horus credit for; he NEVER puts people on ignore...no matter how bad the backlash is...unlike some certain wanna-be cable guys on this forum

Comment

I see the point you are making, however my question to you is, do you believe you believe Floyd Mayweather is a P.O.S that it should be consider a statement of fact that Mayweather is a P.O.S or a statement of fact that you believe Mayweather is a P.O.S??
                Ugh Horus you do understand that this is something that can't be applied to every person in the world because this is how I feel about Floyd is my own personal opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by California Love View Post
                  It takes one minute to the read the original post. Not too hard.

I miss the radio show.
                  IM a slow reader

Comment

Anyone else think horus is a bigoted, and racist fukhead?

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
                      the one thing i give Horus credit for; he NEVER puts people on ignore...no matter how bad the backlash is...unlike some certain wanna-be cable guys on this forum
                      I gotta agree with you even if most of what he says is crap guised with intellect which most *****s don't have...

Comment

Working...
                      X