No announcement yet.

what do you do when you

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do you do when you

busted for not listening. a boss or g/f, wife, or whatever (someone important) is talking to you like it's important, but you are bored or preoccupied and zone out. you suddenly notice that they are looking at you expectantly for some kind of response but you don;t even know what they said or asked.

i know this has happened to all of us.
    what do you usually do/say?

I say I think I'm having a stroke and the conversation swiftly moves on.

Comment

I just do the standard "yeah, I see what you're saying"....or...."could you please clarify the last part of that, I'm not sure I get your meaning"....or....."uh-huh".

I lost my mid-range hearing as a child and always run into situations where I don't hear a person's words, though their voice is audible....I just can't make out what they're saying. So, when I'm caught not listening, I either use one of the above responses, or I mention my hearing affliction and use it as an excuse to get them to repeat.

Lame, yes; but it works.

Comment

If I dont like the person "What the **** did you just say?".

If I like them or have no opinion of them "Sorry, could you just repeat that again".

Either way they get the message. It's all about the delivery. With the first one they get the hint; **** off. With the second one they know I wasn't listening but don't take offence because of the way I ask them to repeat.

Next question.

Comment

im actually a real crafty son of a *****, my mom and ex girlfriend used to always bust me but id be able to pick out a sentence or two and get the gyst of what theyre saying. theyd know i wasnt listening, but theyd never git meh.

Comment

Usually just say.."**** I'm sorry, I must have been zoning out."

Comment

Originally posted by * FeistyWench * View Post
              busted for not listening. a boss or g/f, wife, or whatever (someone important) is talking to you like it's important, but you are bored or preoccupied and zone out. you suddenly notice that they are looking at you expectantly for some kind of response but you don;t even know what they said or asked.

i know this has happened to all of us.
              what do you usually do/say?
              Keep it real and just ask em to repeat what they said. I've ****ed up and just given an improv'd response, which is never good. Not only it shows you weren't listenin but comes off as disrespectful.

Comment

Working...
              X