No announcement yet.

Lou DiBella: PPV is fading, Canelo's recent PPV Figures are all inflated

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lou DiBella: PPV is fading, Canelo's recent PPV Figures are all inflated

“If anyone’s paying attention, pay-per-view is fading,” DiBella said. “It’s dying. There hasn’t been a major pay-per-view with big numbers, truthfully, since Mayweather against Pacquiao [4.6 million buys in May 2015]. That’s a fact. Even the Canelo fights, the numbers were grossly inflated. And I don’t think any of them broke 500,000 buys. And in fact, I know they didn’t."
    http://www.boxingscene.com/dibella-p....o3nJKJmx.dpuf

Don't ever believe a word out of Oscars mouth.

Lou's saying Canelo/Cotto and Canelo/Khan didn't do over 500k buys? Idk, sounds like sour grapes on his end. I'm pretty confident Canelo/Cotto did well over that. I believe GB inflated the numbers some, but that was a fairly hyped up fight.

Comment

So belive DiBella ? i will never belive that Canelo-Cotto did under 500k lol

Comment

There hasn't been a PPV that broke 500 thousand since the Mayweather vs Pacquiao stink fest that killed boxing.

Floyds fight with Berto the weigh in was half empty, the tickets were not sold out and there was little celeb fanfare.

And he just beat Pacquiao and was unbeaten, if Floyd only doe 300k with Berto and Floyd is the self proclaimed cash cow, that tells you something.

Pacquiao numbers naturally will decline he couldn't break 500k either since he is a shell of himself and has losses people move on like with Tyson his last ppvs were not big buys only his loyals fans holding on to see that one more time if old tyson comes back its the same with Pac they think that old Pac will come back he wont that JMM knock made him hesitant to go berserk again now he boxes more.

Canelo Khan, didn't break 500k at all, I dont believe it Im thinking it was like 250-300k tops

Golovkin, terence Crawford, Andre Ward all did horrible all way under 200k buys, crawfords being the worst.

UFC ont he other hand has huge numbers, Conor McGregor is consistently doing well over 1 million buys, this is why Mayweather is desperate to fight him, Floyd knows if he fights another boxer before Conor it will show that his numbers will not break 500k, only other option is a rematch with Manny and that will do a bit over 1 million buys.

lets face it UFC has taken over, if the biggest cash cow an greeddiest boxer alive is chasing an MMA fighter that tells you something he knows where the money is at

Comment

PPV in general is a dying business, especially now with all these streaming boxes granting you HD PPV streams without any buffering / lagging. What's the motive to buy a PPV, to "support" the sport?!? I haven't bought PPV in over 2 years because of this baby here

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
            http://www.boxingscene.com/dibella-p....o3nJKJmx.dpuf

Don't ever believe a word out of Oscars mouth.
            Hey is this really a young Golovkin with a gun?

Comment

Lou trying to justify the fact that none of is fighters are capable of fighting on PPV. And he has nothing to do with HBO or any of the promotions that Golden boy has put on so he literally has NO CLUE what PPVs canelo has done. Sorry he's just a hater guessing and bitter he ain't in on that money.

You created this post because you a GGG fangirl mad that GGG can't sell tickets for his upcoming fight and are bracing yourself for another GGG PPV flop.

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
                PPV in general is a dying business, especially now with all these streaming boxes granting you HD PPV streams without any buffering / lagging. What's the motive to buy a PPV, to "support" the sport?!? I haven't bought PPV in over 2 years because of this baby here

this right here. i know people still throw parties and buy the ppv, but there is millions of others that will just stream the fight live. this is what's hurting ppv #'s.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post

lets face it UFC has taken over, if the biggest cash cow an greeddiest boxer alive is chasing an MMA fighter that tells you something he knows where the money is at
                  I tried making a similar argument the other day. I'm someone who follows both sports but I find it quite amusing that as much **** Boxing fans give MMA and the UFC in general that the best Boxer on the planet is borderline begging to fight McGregor who even by P4P standards in MMA isn't THE best guy for it to even be a "Best v Best" for Boxing vs MMA scenario. But at the same time, Floyd gets how polarizing McGregor is.

Comment

Dibella seems defensive...

The reason you’re asking this question is because Eddie Hearn [Joshua’s promoter] went out there and said that Deontay’s gotta be built better so that it’s a pay-per-view fight. Go **** yourself.
                    Notice how Dibella shifts the conversation from money to eyeballs....

If people over in the UK wanna pay big money every time out, to pay for Joshua, it’s their business. But more people saw Deontay Wilder’s last fight on free TV than all of the pay-per-views [of Joshua]
                    So Dibella's argument is that viewers are more important than money?

Seems like Dibella is trying to rationalize why Wilder-Joshua isn't a bigger fight in the US.

If he thought the fight could sell on PPV in the US, he'd probably be singing a different tune.
                    Last edited by Mitchell Kane; 03-15-2017, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X