Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is Fedor on your P4P/GOAT lists?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^Anderson's best wins are against prime legends like Hendo and Vitor whom he brutally finished. Fedor never even came close to finishing prime legends like Nog and Cro Cop.

Fedor's longetivity included absolute freakshows like Zulu, Choi, Lindland and there were two other pro wrestlers with losing records in his streak. Anderson never once had a freakshow fight in his winning streak or even career.

This stuff matters when you're trying to rank GOAT.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
      ^^Anderson's best wins are against prime legends like Hendo and Vitor whom he brutally finished. Fedor never even came close to finishing prime legends like Nog and Cro Cop.

Fedor's longetivity included absolute freakshows like Zulu, Choi, Lindland and there were two other pro wrestlers with losing records in his streak. Anderson never once had a freakshow fight in his winning streak or even career.

This stuff matters when you're trying to rank GOAT.
      Ok then, so it's 2-2 Nog, Cro Cop for Fedor and Hendo and (I think) non-TRT Vitor.
      And Anderson has beaten some no-namers as the champ though, that's similar to the freaks shows Fedor faced
      Like, look at some of the names as part of his reign: Travis Lutter? James Irvin? Thales Lietes? Patrick Cote? Nate Marquardt hadn't beat anyone any good at that point.
      Also, his streak includes 2 different wins over Rich Franklin and Chael Sonnen who almost beat him in their first encounter.
      These guys were basically cans given to Anderson. If they aren't real contenders, whats the point if feeding them to the champ?
      Not even hating on Anderson here I actually love him as a fighter and his style is great, but his title defense streak should only be at 5 or 6 wins not 10 going on 11 when he beats Weidman
      Last edited by KidKwik; 06-29-2013, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KidKwik View Post
        Ok then, so it's 2-2 Nog, Cro Cop for Fedor and Hendo and (I think) non-TRT Vitor.
        And Anderson has beaten some no-namers as the champ though, that's similar to the freaks shows Fedor faced
        Like, look at some of the names as part of his reign: Travis Lutter? James Irvin? Thales Lietes? Patrick Cote? Nate Marquardt hadn't beat anyone any good at that point.
        Also, his streak includes 2 different wins over Rich Franklin and Chael Sonnen who almost beat him in their first encounter.
        These guys were basically cans given to Anderson. If they aren't real contenders, whats the point if feeding them to the champ?
        Not even hating on Anderson here I actually love him as a fighter and his style is great, but his title defense streak should only be at 5 or 6 wins not 10 going on 11 when he beats Weidman
        You're comparing blackbelts like Leites and Lutter(whom he submitted), KO artist Irvin and unstoppable Cote to the likes of Zulu, MW Lindland, Nagata(0-2) and Choi? Fedor fans...

All of those guys WERE contenders when they got the title shots against Anderson, they were all on winning streaks. They weren't legacy defining but they were far from can feeding like Fedor was guilty of. You have no idea what you're talking about and frankly it's hilarious that you're criticising Anderson's title reign while Fedor spend an entire year of his prime fighting a middleweight and freakshow Choi and had only one fight in 08. And don't talk about Sonnen almost beating Anderson while ignoring Fujita nearly knocking him out, Randleman's slam, having trouble with Rogers not to mention his last losses. Anderson also never had a fluky decision win.

Also people always forget about Anderson destroying a prime, #1 pound for pound Sakurai when both him and Fedor were unknown. Not to mention other notable wins against Newton, Murray and Horn. Then of cource there's his legendary title reign full of great wins. Anderson has the better record and stats.

Comment

I only slightly lean towards Silva because he has that win over prime Hendo who was just PRIDE 185 & 205 champ at the same time. Then he lost that razor thin fight to Rampage which was a war. Anderson adjusted to being held down in round 1, hurt and submitted him in the next round. Anderson adapts like a prime Bernard Hopkins. It's sick.

Bonnar was the only guy Silva has been spoon fed. Everybody else was a top contender. People talk trash but Anderson made these guys look horrible. Not to mention he's 38 and still fighting at an ATG level. Okami, Franklin, Hendo, and Chael run through any other middleweights, and Silva embarrassed them all.

Comment

3 more years and I might rank Silva #1. I respect his skills either way and root for him every time out. A couple of questions about Silva. Some people are picking Weidman to win. Does he have a good shot?

Is it true he just signed a 10 fight deal with the UFC when he renewed his contract with them recently? If that's true, he'd probably be around for about another 4-5 years. Could he really do that?

And people keep saying Fedor fought all these cans and freak shows. So is there anyone that Fedor should've fought that he didn't and if so, was it because they were with a different promotion or because that opponent was avoided, because I never heard of Fedor avoiding anybody?
            Last edited by Anthony342; 06-30-2013, 03:20 PM.

Comment

So I guess then, Fedor never ducked anybody.

Comment

I think Fedor is massively overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by $Natedatpkid$ View Post
                  I only slightly lean towards Silva because he has that win over prime Hendo who was just PRIDE 185 & 205 champ at the same time. Then he lost that razor thin fight to Rampage which was a war.
                  So Anderson's best win is a Hendo coming off a loss and moving down a weight class.....

You really can't make a case for Anderson resume wise, most people are ranking him based on talent and that isn't fair.

Comment

1. Anderson Silva
                    2. Kazushi Sakuraba
                    3. Georges St. Pierre
                    4. BJ Penn
                    5. Takanori Gomi
                    6. Randy Couture
                    7. Dan Henderson
                    8. Fedor Emelienenko
                    9. Bas Ruten
                    10. Wanderlei Silva

There you go. ATG list of all time. Top 10.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                      1. Anderson Silva
                      2. Kazushi Sakuraba
                      3. Georges St. Pierre
                      4. BJ Penn
                      5. Takanori Gomi
                      6. Randy Couture
                      7. Dan Henderson
                      8. Fedor Emelienenko
                      9. Bas Ruten
                      10. Wanderlei Silva

There you go. ATG list of all time. Top 10.
                      Takada isn't in your top 10? Sheesh man you don't know shit about kickball.

Comment

Working...
                      X