Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Usyk, Gassiev Could Be One Step Away Before Heavyweight Leap

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
    I hope they both go to HW soon! HW division needs some guys with boxing skills and courage! You don't have to be 6'7"! Look at what Tyson did to Razor Ruddock, Carl "The Truth" Williams, and Frank Bruno! They all had a significant heaight/reach advantage, and Tyson still won! Dorticos should make the move too!
    With how soft Dorticos looks in some of his fights, I’m surprised he doesn’t become king of 175

Comment

Usyk definitely the guy is 31 years old. He should make the leap right after the tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
        I keep forgetting that Gassiev is still only 24! He will improve, and will likely be heavier and stronger in a few years time .. but enough to beat the top HWs? I'm not sure about that.

Of the two, I think Usyk's speed, mobility, stamina and tricky southpaw boxing would be better assets against a super HW than Gassiev's strength and power.

Usyk gave Joe Joyce a boxing lesson over 5 rounds in the WSB, and I could see him doing the same thing to most of the top 5 HWs over 12.

You don't need to ko your opponent to win world titles, as Tyson Fury demonstrated against Wlad.

Yet he's been a pro two years longer than Usyk Gassiev even at his young age is well seasoned and is probably ready to make the leap too.

These two will probably rematch at Heavyweight one day.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
          With how soft Dorticos looks in some of his fights, I’m surprised he doesn’t become king of 175
          Dorticos seems to have similar genetics to Tony Bellew in that respect, and they are the same height too.

Like Bellew, Dorticos would probably be skinny, still soft, but drained at 175.

Comment

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
            Usyk definitely the guy is 31 years old. He should make the leap right after the tournament.
            That's his plan I think, win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
              That's his plan I think, win or lose.

Nice.

I could see him having success at HW. His footwork and fundamentals are top notch for a big guy. I wonder if some of that footwork would be lost if was 15-20 pounds heavier though?

Comment

No surprise the fight of 2018 doesn't involve any American divas. The culture of boxing has shifted toward Eastern Europe and their fighters have saved boxing on a world stage. Now we get to enjoy the fruits of a fair fight with no paid off referees or judges ala Andre Ward and Floyd Mayweather and we can enjoy the best fighting the best under neutral circumstances.

Both Usyk and Gassiev stock rise after this fight but im predicting a fight of the year Usyk SD win over a highly entertaining Gassiev. Both fighters move up in p4p rankings.

Comment

This is gonna be the best fight of the year. Winner is top3 P4P. Hell, I may even put them at #1 if either guy dominates the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                    No surprise the fight of 2018 doesn't involve any American divas. The culture of boxing has shifted toward Eastern Europe and their fighters have saved boxing on a world stage. Now we get to enjoy the fruits of a fair fight with no paid off referees or judges ala Andre Ward and Floyd Mayweather and we can enjoy the best fighting the best under neutral circumstances.

Both Usyk and Gassiev stock rise after this fight but im predicting a fight of the year Usyk SD win over a highly entertaining Gassiev. Both fighters move up in p4p rankings.

Enjoy this fight, it should be a good one. But don't crap on American greatness just because you're jealous.

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post

Yeah, because Russia is definitely always on the up and up. Never anything shady or corrupt going on in Russia.

Comment

Working...
                      X