Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Canelo the slickest mexican boxer of all time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Canelo the slickest mexican boxer of all time?

Just asking.

Originally posted by RomanReigns View Post
    Just asking.
    He's the goat of Mexico.

Comment

What is your definition of slick? Are you talking boxing style or this style?

Comment

Originally posted by RomanReigns View Post
        Just asking.
        Maybe. He has great waist movement but a ton of great Mexican fighters from the old school on are a bit overlooked simply because they haven’t been seen. One thing to note is that canelo has a great chin and has been straight up bazooka hit. There may be slicker Mexican greats that didn’t possess that granite beard. So it’s hard to say because despite some of his very impressive head movement and waist bending, he’s taken some crazy hard punches. Some guys might not get ripped with those. But generally speaking to be considered great in the annals of Mexican boxing you have to be able to take a shot. A couple of slick Mexican champs that come to mind are Finito Lopez and believe it or not I’d rate Chavez up there with some slick head movement when he tried. Hard to say but canelo is definitely up there. Top 5 for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by bulldognyc View Post
          Maybe. He has great waist movement but a ton of great Mexican fighters from the old school on are a bit overlooked simply because they haven’t been seen. One thing to note is that canelo has a great chin and has been straight up bazooka hit. There may be slicker Mexican greats that didn’t possess that granite beard. So it’s hard to say because despite some of his very impressive head movement and waist bending, he’s taken some crazy hard punches. Some guys might not get ripped with those. But generally speaking to be considered great in the annals of Mexican boxing you have to be able to take a shot. A couple of slick Mexican champs that come to mind are Finito Lopez and believe it or not I’d rate Chavez up there with some slick head movement when he tried. Hard to say but canelo is definitely up there. Top 5 for sure.
          Greened K. I posted the topic in the wrong forum.

Comment

I'd give that title to miguel canto .

Comment

Miguel Canto from the 1970’s was much slicker

Comment

He's up there. Salvador Sanchez was unreal in his day though. I haven't watched Miguel Canto but I will after reading this thread.

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post

Canto is outstanding, good find !

Comment

Working...
                    X