Who's the most talented LHW right now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it's Bivol.

Comment

Only 2 have proven themselves and one is not currently accepting applications from anyone with a pulse so I'm going with Kovalev. Funny how all these douchebags that hyped him have completely abandoned him. I predicted that would happen. A guy goes through a bad loss and everyone forgets how good he was before that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        Funny how all these douchebags that hyped him have completely abandoned him. I predicted that would happen. A guy goes through a bad loss and everyone forgets how good he was before that fight.
        It doesn't have nothing to do with his skills, and everything to do with the way he quit, the way he was bitching after first Ward fight and the way he's looking for excuses. Nobody says he can't fight or that he sucks as a boxer, people didn't like the way he was acting after Ward fight and nobody can respect that. Personally, I can't see the way how self-respecting person can give Kovalev a pass for all this complaining, quitting, bitching and excuses. Again, it's not about the loss, a lot of great fighters lost their fights in the past, it's not about the fact that you lost, it's all about how you handle your L's if you can get up after the loss without blaming everybody (referee, trainer, Beyonce and Jay-Z, Illuminati, judges, USA) for this except for yourself. Handle your L like a man and admit that the other guy was a better fighter that night but Kovalev can't do that. He even had the nerve to talk about "low blows" when he was done right after a punch that landed perfectly on his chin. I'm not giving anybody a pass for acting like a bitch

Even when he talks about his loss to Beterbiev in amateurs, all you can hear is the same bitching, it was because of corrupted Russian amateur system, corrupted judges but not because of Kovalev, he's a saint with an angelic halo above his head, he can't do nothing wrong and he never lose fights on even playing field. So don't be shocked that people don't like him now
        Last edited by g27region; 11-17-2017, 04:32 AM.

Comment

Only 2 have proven themselves and one is not currently accepting applications from anyone with a pulse so I'm going with Kovalev. Funny how all these douchebags that hyped him have completely abandoned him. I predicted that would happen. A guy goes through a bad loss and everyone forgets how good he was before that fight.
          TBF Kovalev is a technically good fighter like you have said and he did cause Ward all sorts of problems, but he is an outside fighter and struggles with certain ranges. I think given Bivol's age and what I have seen from him so far he is the most talented.

He doesnt seem to have the same power as Kovalev of Beterbeiv but he I like his footwork and the way he throws combinations. Unlike Kovalev he also has plenty of room to get better.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            i couldn't work out 5 either I was thinking that Russian that fought BJS ain't no LHW

While i think others are perhaps better athletes, punchers I'd go with Bivol. He's got the best combination of skills and boxing brain. He doesn't have the power of a Stevenson or brute strength of a Beterbiev but he's more well rounded and he's still improving the others have all hit their ceiling. He's very versatile and despite him being maybe the most untested he's my favourite to come out on top of the division.
            Something about Gvozdyk

A lot of people didn't notice that he KD his last opponent right after block removal, Lomachenko style. But he might be chinny and the division is packed with hard hitting guys who can bang with some skills too
            Last edited by g27region; 11-17-2017, 04:44 AM.

Comment

Kovalev is the best in the division.

Comment

Originally posted by g27region View Post
                It doesn't have nothing to do with his skills, and everything to do with the way he quit, the way he was bitching after first Ward fight and the way he's looking for excuses. Nobody says he can't fight or that he sucks as a boxer, people didn't like the way he was acting after Ward fight and nobody can respect that. Personally, I can't see the way how self-respecting person can give Kovalev a pass for all this complaining, quitting, bitching and excuses. Again, it's not about the loss, a lot of great fighters lost their fights in the past, it's not about the fact that you lost, it's all about how you handle your L's if you can get up after the loss without blaming everybody (referee, trainer, Beyonce and Jay-Z, Illuminati, judges, USA) for this except for yourself. Handle your L like a man and admit that the other guy was a better fighter that night but Kovalev can't do that. He even had the nerve to talk about "low blows" when he was done right after a punch that landed perfectly on his chin. I'm not giving anybody a pass for acting like a bitch

Even when he talks about his loss to Beterbiev in amateurs, all you can hear is the same bitching, it was because of corrupted Russian amateur system, corrupted judges but not because of Kovalev, he's a saint with an angelic halo above his head, he can't do nothing wrong and he never lose fights on even playing field. So don't be shocked that people don't like him now
                Doesn't matter if I like him or not. In fact, I think he's an as$hole. But, I'd be lying if I said he wasn't the best in the division right now. That may soon change. We'll see. As of right now, one else has done enough against decent comp to convince me otherwise.

Comment

Doesn't matter if I like him or not. In fact, I think he's an as$hole. But, I'd be lying if I said he wasn't the best in the division right now. That may soon change. We'll see. As of right now, one else has done enough against decent comp to convince me otherwise.
                  I understand that, but the question is who's the most talented LHW in your opinion, not the best or most proven one. I think if you lose your status, it has to be regained so we'll see if Kovalev can pull it off.

But I won't root for him because just like you said he's an asshole.

For boxing as a sport it'd be better if younger talent takes the top spot

Comment

Originally posted by g27region View Post
                    I understand that, but the question is who's the most talented LHW in your opinion, not the best or most proven one. I think if you lose your status, it has to be regained so we'll see if Kovalev can pull it off.

But I won't root for him because just like you said he's an asshole.

For boxing as a sport it'd be better if younger talent takes the top spot
                    Preferring younger talent sounds like bias, not a measure of talent. I don't think it can be measured without true tests. Lots of guys look talented against poor competition. It's what they do at the top that proves their skill.

Comment

Preferring younger talent sounds like bias, not a measure of talent. I don't think it can be measured without true tests.
                      You just don't get what I'm saying

I'm not saying "Bivol is better than Kovalev"

I'm saying "Bivol might be better than Kovalev, we don't know it yet but I want him to prove himself".

So what's wrong with that way of thinking? What's wrong with wanting young talents to fight the best competition?

Liking younger fighters is not a bias, it's a preference, there's a difference between these two words.

Bias is an unreasoned or preconceived feeling or prejudice

I know exactly why I like some fighters and why I don't like others, nothing unreasoned or preconceived about that

I don't say that younger fighters are better than fighters who actually proved themselves already

If I want young talents like Bivol (or Spence, or Charlo, for example) to prove themselves against the top competition and show that their praise is deserved, it doesn't make me biased because every boxing fan wants the same thing

In hypothetical Pacquiaio/Crawford fight I'd root for Crawford because Pacquiao already built his own legacy and it's time for younger stars like Crawford to get their shine.

But when Crawford will build his own legacy, there's gonna be some new talent out there. We don't have to stuck up in the past, boxing needs new faces and talents who's supposed to prove themselves against top competition available, it's better for the sport

If I can formulate why I'd root for Crawford in that matchup it's not biased because my opinion is actually reasoned and I know exactly why I'd want Crawford to win

Plus I don't like Kovalev as a human being, that doesn't make him lesser fighter, it just doesn't make me want him to win
                      Last edited by g27region; 11-18-2017, 02:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X