Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did Joseph Parker do that's better than Hughie Fury?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
    Tell me, who are you more excited to watch - Parker or Fury?
    hughie fury - he's the most skillful talent I've seen in years. Despite not being a huge puncher, he's the only guy I'm seeing throwing a solid triple jab in circular motion like a holmes or ali used to do.

he's also only 20-21 so he'll get better.
    Last edited by LacedUp; 04-21-2016, 12:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
      Resume-wise both Hughie's and Parker's seem about the same. Parker though, has been winning his fights in impressive fashion. He's explosive, powerful and has been blitzing his opponents. Fury has been winning hoe hum decisions. That's the difference.
      Fact is there seems to be 3 emerging young HW's. Right now Joshua has to be in the lead as he did beat an undefeated Charles Martin to win the title in impressive fashion.

Hughie Fury and Parker's records are about the same and you could make a case for either guy.

However what I personally don't think is up for debate is that Carlos Takam is CLEARLY the most dangerous opponent any of those 3 have faced and by some margin.

Should Parker beat him and in impressive fashion then I think he has to take the lead in the resume stakes regardless of who holds belts etc.
      Last edited by b d w; 04-21-2016, 02:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by b d w View Post
        Fact is there seems to be 3 merging young HW's. Right now Joshua has to be in the lead as he did beat an undefeated Charles Martin to win the title in impressive fashion.

Hughie Fury and Parker's records are about the same and you could make a case for either guy.

However what I personally don't think is up for debate is that Carlos Takam is CLEARLY the most dangerous opponent any of those 3 have faced and by some margin.

Should Parker beat him and in impressive fashion then I think he has to take the lead in the resume stakes regardless of who holds belts etc.
        Just finished reading all 18 pages and this post sums it all up.
        I'd also add that the Takam Povetkin fight wasn't anywhere near cagey haha

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          Obviously I was discussing the supposed 'war' they were in. Discussing competitiveness in such a cagey affair is laughable, which I said. I stated throughout the thread that Povetkin was walking forward but was ineffective whilst takam was fighting off the back foot behind the shoulderroll.

At no point did I say Takam got steamrolled.
          It that was what you meant that perhaps you should have made that more clear instead of responding with snarky comments like 'Competitive? lol.'

Regardless of what you meant, it still has no bearing on the fight as it actually occurred. The fight was highly competitive. Both guys took it to each other from early on and didn't back down. Povetkin's sharpness and conditioning won him out in the end, but Takam's brute toughness and tenacity ran it close at times. Why shouldn't a fight like that be considered competitive?

Comment

• Originally posted by Beyonce Bomber View Post
            It that was what you meant that perhaps you should have made that more clear instead of responding with snarky comments like 'Competitive? lol.'

Regardless of what you meant, it still has no bearing on the fight as it actually occurred. The fight was highly competitive. Both guys took it to each other from early on and didn't back down. Povetkin's sharpness and conditioning won him out in the end, but Takam's brute toughness and tenacity ran it close at times. Why shouldn't a fight like that be considered competitive?
            Once again, a cagey affair can be competitive. Which is what this was.

Comment

Once again, a cagey affair can be competitive. Which is what this was.
              It was competitive. It wasn't cagey. Give it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by b d w View Post
                Fact is there seems to be 3 emerging young HW's. Right now Joshua has to be in the lead as he did beat an undefeated Charles Martin to win the title in impressive fashion.

Takam is definitely head and shoulders above the likes of Whyte, Martin and Rudenko, true. He's also a great measuring stick as we know pretty accurately where he fits into the heavyweight landscape. A win over him, any type of win, (minus robbery of course) lets us know that Parker a top tier heavyweight, since only one other top tier heavyweight has beaten him in recent years, and struggled to do so.

Even if Parker has problems or doesn't look as dominant as he usually does signifies little in regards his standing with those other two guys, though I fear it will be magnified or used to unfairly criticise him if that occurs.

Comment

• Haha, no way are LacedUp & Beyonce still arguing about Povetkin-Takam lol

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

hughie fury - he's the most skillful talent I've seen in years. Despite not being a huge puncher, he's the only guy I'm seeing throwing a solid triple jab in circular motion like a holmes or ali used to do.

Yet you couldn't appreciate Klitschko over someone like AJ and Haye and here you are telling us how much you admire a good solid jab poke from a boxer ? Hughie is British, Parker is not, we get it.

Tell me who was your favourite heavyweights during the period 2004-2008 which heavies excited you during that period, were you huge Harrison, Sprott, Skelton and Willaims supporters ?

Comment

Been trynna tell catz for years, I fux wit him.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=600234

Comment

Working...
                      X