Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can't wait for Margarito to DEMOLISH Garcia and his stans to say...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The.Eyetalian View Post
    Did I not say.."WITH THE RIGHT TRAINING?"

Cotto did very well against Margarito for most of the fight..and he was there to win..now I won't say it's the plaster that made the difference..or am I here to make excuses..but after the 6th Cotto's nose was out the game..it was bleeding non-stop and obviously broken to ****..which had started in round 2!..Vazquez stood in his corner talking bout he couldn't breath in the rematch vs Marquez and tossed in the towel..but Cotto said fuck it..let's get it..and he got walked down by the fresher and stronger man that night..very bad night for Cotto on so many levels..

against Pacquiao..it was a combination of his Corner and the Post-Margarito version of himself..look back and listen to the instructions Santiago was giving him since round 1!..and you'll see what I mean..now I'm not saying he would've beaten Pacquiao otherwise..he probably would have lost regardless..but it would have definitely been a much different match up if Evangelista was still in that corner..and definitely if that was the Pre-Margarito Cotto..which Roach probably wouldn't have dared to mention as an opponent unless he came down to 143 or less..

and yes..Cotto did say that Margarito won't make another cent using his name..I disagree on so many levels with that...Margarito will always be known as the guy who dismantled Cotto's career unless Cotto can redeem himself..but that notion alone will make Margarito a draw..cuz Cotto fans will wanna see who else he can do it to..if he can do it..without *coughplastercough* (excuse me) Capetillo..
    I'm not going to touch the Marg "wraps" because it's already beaten to death.

As far as the match up with Marg vs Cotto, Cotto was winning that fight, I had him winning 6 of the first 7 rounds, losing the second.

Boxing is a funny thing man, sometimes the best "boxer" doesn't win the fight. Boxing is a brutal sport and say what you will against Marg, the dude can take a shot. I mean the plaster didn't help his chin, did it? Sometimes you have to outlast your man, in the 8th he told his trainer "I'm going to knock him out, he can't take the pressure" he was told to be smart and let the KO come to him, he knew he had Cotto beaten by the 8th.

As far as Cotto vs Pac, it didn't matter if Cotto had the Virgin Mary in his corner giving him blessings, he was losing that fight in the same manner.

The one thing I see Cotto fans contradicting themselves in this fight all the time is, that they say the same thing, that at the beginning Cotto was doing a good job boxing and landing the jab.

Then, they go on to criticize Santiago his trainer....You can't have it both ways!!!

Either he employed a good game plan and was fighting good or the game plan was **** from the beginning.

The truth is, Cotto had a very good game plan and so did his corner, they decided to do what every half intelligent trainer would attempt to do and that is mimic what JMM did to beat Pacman. He would become a counter puncher and use Pac's aggressiveness against him. Cotto did fine in the first 2 rounds but then Pac's speed (like it always does) took over the fight.

I at least give Cotto credit for not doing what Clottey did and that's go into a defensive shell and just survive. Cotto went for broke, got caught and was beaten up badly (as bad as he was vs Marg by the way).

Sometimes you can have the best or perfect game plan and the other fighter is just better. I respect Cotto and like him as a fighter. He's not done but he's not the elite WW in that division.
    Last edited by Cuauhtémoc1520; 03-31-2010, 02:00 PM.

Comment

I feel bad for Mexicans so I will give them a pass on Margarito... They have nobody right now. Oscar quit.. Vicky Ortiz quit...JMM was ***** slapped by FLoyd Slappy Mayweather...

**** it.. let em enjoy the plaster-punisher all they want.

Comment

Originally posted by Erico View Post
        I feel bad for Mexicans so I will give them a pass on Margarito... They have nobody right now. Oscar quit.. Vicky Ortiz quit...JMM was ***** slapped by FLoyd Slappy Mayweather...

**** it.. let em enjoy the plaster-punisher all they want.
        "Mexicans have nobody right now"..................LOL do you watch boxing?

Oh wait, your a coward alt and a troll, never mind.

Comment

Originally posted by The Great Shark View Post
          They never proved he used plaster in a fight.
          They proved also that OJ didn't kill his wife

He got a lot of roles after that victory

Comment

Originally posted by cuauhtemoc1496 View Post
            I'm not going to touch the Marg "wraps" because it's already beaten to death.

As far as the match up with Marg vs Cotto, Cotto was winning that fight, I had him winning 6 of the first 7 rounds, losing the second.

Boxing is a funny thing man, sometimes the best "boxer" doesn't win the fight. Boxing is a brutal sport and say what you will against Marg, the dude can take a shot. I mean the plaster didn't help his chin, did it? Sometimes you have to outlast your man, in the 8th he told his trainer "I'm going to knock him out, he can't take the pressure" he was told to be smart and let the KO come to him, he knew he had Cotto beaten by the 8th.

As far as Cotto vs Pac, it didn't matter if Cotto had the Virgin Mary in his corner giving him blessings, he was losing that fight in the same manner.

The one thing I see Cotto fans contradicting themselves in this fight all the time is, that they say the same thing, that at the beginning Cotto was doing a good job boxing and landing the jab.

Then, they go on to criticize Santiago his trainer....You can't have it both ways!!!

Either he employed a good game plan and was fighting good or the game plan was **** from the beginning.

The truth is, Cotto had a very good game plan and so did his corner, they decided to do what every half intelligent trainer would attempt to do and that is mimic what JMM did to beat Pacman. He would become a counter puncher and use Pac's aggressiveness against him. Cotto did fine in the first 2 rounds but then Pac's speed (like it always does) took over the fight.

I at least give Cotto credit for not doing what Clottey did and that's go into a defensive shell and just survive. Cotto went for broke, got caught and was beaten up badly (as bad as he was vs Marg by the way).

Sometimes you can have the best or perfect game plan and the other fighter is just better. I respect Cotto and like him as a fighter. He's not done but he's not the elite WW in that division.
            Cotto also won the 9th and most of the 10th until he got wobbled in the final few seconds..that's why I say "most of the fight"..and I don't bother with the plaster incident either..it'll all be based on opinion at the end of the day..no proof..

as for the Pacquiao fight...sure..but the mental game was set up and won by Roach..not Pacquiao..Cotto's training was about making weight..now I saw in another thread that you train fighters..I'm sure you've seen them train to cut weight as well...and 145 from 147 is a pretty big deal knowing that he already has to drop from about 160+ to 147..2 more lbs can make a difference..

Cotto did good in the first round..not because of a game plan..it was because he did what Cotto does in every first round..he times his opponents and test's them with his authoritative jab..(the Judah fight was probably the only time he's EVER lost a first round) and also Pac wanted to see what Cotto was gonna do..after that..Pac took over and did his thing..and Santiago being the douche that he is just kept saying "All he's got is a left hand..just watch for the left hand"..smh!..after seeing time and time again that Pac rolls under the jab and snaps that right hook?!..What an IDIOT!..

Cotto's corner definitely made a difference..now as I stated before..I didn't say he would have beaten him..but I do believe it could have been a closer match-up with a better trainer or atleast Evangelista there..that's all..

Comment

Cotto also won the 9th and most of the 10th until he got wobbled in the final few seconds..that's why I say "most of the fight"..and I don't bother with the plaster incident either..it'll all be based on opinion at the end of the day..no proof..

as for the Pacquiao fight...sure..but the mental game was set up and won by Roach..not Pacquiao..Cotto's training was about making weight..now I saw in another thread that you train fighters..I'm sure you've seen them train to cut weight as well...and 145 from 147 is a pretty big deal knowing that he already has to drop from about 160+ to 147..2 more lbs can make a difference..

Cotto did good in the first round..not because of a game plan..it was because he did what Cotto does in every first round..he times his opponents and test's them with his authoritative jab..(the Judah fight was probably the only time he's EVER lost a first round) and also Pac wanted to see what Cotto was gonna do..after that..Pac took over and did his thing..and Santiago being the douche that he is just kept saying "All he's got is a left hand..just watch for the left hand"..smh!..after seeing time and time again that Pac rolls under the jab and snaps that right hook?!..What an IDIOT!..

Cotto's corner definitely made a difference..now as I stated before..I didn't say he would have beaten him..but I do believe it could have been a closer match-up with a better trainer or atleast Evangelista there..that's all..
              You are right about the Cotto vs Marg fight, we agree mostly on that.

As far as losing the weight, it depends. I think losing 2 lbs a day or two before the fight is no big deal if he lost the weight in a healthy manner, remember, you carry about 2-4lbs of water weight you can gain or dorp on any given day.

If you don't drink anything for 24 hours, you can literally lose up to 4 lbs and not be "drained" if you properly hydrate.

Now if you lost let's say 20 lbs in a few weeks, then the least couple of lbs will not make a difference because you will be weakened regardless the way DLH was against Pac. I mean when you hear Roach say "I saw the i.v marks on his arms.........." it's not good.

Honestly, I don't know if Cotto was weight drained or not, he didn't look it. It appeared he lost the weight properly but again, I think Pac is just one of those fighters where his angles, awkwardness and speed just changes the game plan of any fighter.

I have Mayweather beating pac for the record but I do think Pac is a dangerous fight for even him because of his crazy angles and left hand.

Comment

Who the **** is Garcia? He didn't use plaster because he beat a nobody or is Garcia a somebody, I just haven't really heard of him before this Margarito fight.

Comment

...See!?..He doesn't need Plaster to WHOOP his opponents ass (so contradicting in'it?!)..he's just a Mexican Bad Ass who has no regard for human life (like the plaster incident didn't already prove that)

LMAO!..

Rogelio
                  HTownTexan (my boy!)
                  Shalafi
                  El 7 Mares
                  Chicano79us
                  etc...

I miss them and their rant about "plain and basic common sense" talk when it came to Margarito;;
                  so does this mean Margs Been Let back into boxing??

Comment

Working...
                  X